Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fast can you get an mx6 to go if you add a performance chip to it? Like what kind of 0-100km acceleration increase?

I really do like this forum too btw...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm...

From my experience, mod chips make almost ZERO difference in our cars. I've heard with the automatic it helps a bit, but you're BARELY going to notice it, if you do at all, with the 5-speed.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I had some of mods on my car, and I do have a auto tranny. After I had my ecu reprogrammed, I do feel a little of power. They adj. the air/fuel ratio, and the shift timing. They also disable the speed limiter. But I do have some friends who told me that they did not feel much difference (they have Honda's with Manual)

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
crappy civics and celicas

I got smoked by a celica the other day, and i couldve sworn i should have beat him, it was a 2000 GTS
i was right with him, until i think my gear slipped out of second. anyone ever experienced third gear being a little tough to smooth in at about 6500rpms??
lemme know...

i did beat a useless civic the other day!! woohoo!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I fitted a piggy back computer (unichip) on my mx6, I gained more on mid and top end range, 1/4mile did not really make a difference, but my fuel consumption dropped quiet a bit, I must say it was a well worthied buy, I know that many of you are going to dispute this but 3 days days ago i wiped a bmw z3's ass on a downhill , my mx ran to 240km/ph strong i could not believe the perf it gave me, the guy in the beemer gave me a thumbs up and said "Not bad for jap sports car" hehehe!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only on special cars...

Have to agree with my Probe-buddy(ewwwwww) Aetherfury on this one. Only on cars that have something to restrict the power(like VTEC control, or turbo's or ecu controlling torque output), the only things that they REALLY screw with are things like when to turn on cooling fans, rev limiter, mostly things that don't do squat for us. But hey, there are freaks out there(engine output wise for the car) so maybe...I dunno, I am not an engine programmer, soo...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gearing

The gearing on our cars is set up so that for every 20mph you are driving your rpm's will represent half that. So cruising at 80mph your rpm's will represent 4000. At 140mph you will be at the 7000rpm redline. Drop the J-SPEC KL-ZE engine in with a stroker kit, then strap on a TKT turbo kit and run it all with a Haltech computer. You just spent $15,000.00 in parts and about $5000+ in labor for about 600-650HP. But with out changing the gearing you will still be at 140MPH at 7000RPM's. You will definetly get there a hell of a lot quicker but will top out at the same MPH. talk to you soon....ED

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
lol Y????

·
Registered
359 Posts
They make a stroker kit for the KLZE? Does that mean they make one for the KLDE as well?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
serial said:
They make a stroker kit for the KLZE? Does that mean they make one for the KLDE as well?
Ugh, you gotta love old threads.

No, there is no stroker kit for either engine.

The infamous TKT (Thomas Knight Turbos), manufacturer of some rather crappy turbo systems and so forth used to advertise a stroker kit I believe, but to my knowledge no one ever bought one and it was definitely for the better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i will most definitely agree and say that the tkt stuff was complete crap (judging by remnants of their products ive seen). but i have to say it is relatively easy and quite inexpensive to build a stroker kl...

--if you're not quite addicted to boost yet then I can build one for running n/a @ just barely under 2.8L for less than $2000

--and if the boost has gotten into your veins quicker than heroine into a junkie, then i built it with a little bit smaller(2.7L) displacement, in order to retain enough cylinder wall strength for boost, and go completely forged with the rods and pistons to run a stroker engine capable of withstanding 15-18 psi for around $2500

--if you wanna go really freaky-fast though and you want a motor dedicated to race and never, ever, ever driven on the street then I can build the 2.8 stroker to handle boost and nitrous for around $4000

compared to building a regular 2.5L for high boost (30psi & roughly $6500 in rods, pistons, block, and heads alone) which i just completed on my personal mx6, you can make a very adequate amount of power by stroking it and at a much lower price. Only reason i went that route keeping my setup @ 2.5L is because i wanted to go from my current single t3/t4 turbo to a sequential twin turbo setup by adding a small t3 or perhaps a 16g, and also run a 100 shot direct port nitrous to top that off. So cylinder wall thickness is going to be something precious to me with the amount of heat/metal creep that kind of setup is going to create.

If you guys are wanting a stroker motor give me a shout, and i'll explain the details. Usual time taken per motor is around 1 week, then its tested, then its on its way to becoming your can of whoop-a55.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
well just to get more off topic on an old thread (1 year old at its most recent post), go to Paeco, spend about $5000 and be the envy of everyone in the 2nd gen forums lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts