Na really I like. The wingless look suits the car very much.
The only suggestion I can think of would be doing something with the mesh. Is it me or is the inserts in the skirts a different colour to the bar. Perhaps it just looks that way due to the paint behind the mesh in the skirts.
I would also say I like the wheels, what are they? 17's im guessing?
Fristly Congrats on getting a whole heap done to your mx buddy, its looking very nice my friend.
Rims for a start i must say bud look very hot, 18's are a nice fit for her, 19's fit aswell. but the car sits a little high.. so you did well with yoru choice of 18's. maybe you could compliment them with some Hot Btizs coilovers very nice little units.. and you can get overnight delivery.
Love the shaved wing man, some people dont like it and all that matters is now that your have one of the phew that are wingless and complimented with the rear quarter panels..
Which i must say have been fitted really nicely bud, good job..
Love the side skirts aswell man, the mesh in their is a personal choice really. i just wanted to keep the flow going on my car, and i didnt want to drill out a 3-5inch hole in the side of my car, incase i ever took the side skirts off for some random reason. but still looks good buddy.
I thought you where going with the veilside front bar? but it appears you have chosen the invader front bar, which in turn is still nice, but just sits a little high and sometimes makes the car look higher then she really is. but still very nice.
Firstly, thanks for the advice and pics of your car...and for the comments/questions...
1. I like this front bar because I think it fits the profile of the front of the car, not too pointy. but its definitely too high!
2. I plan to get a custom lip made..maybe an inch in height, that or cut the bar in half long ways and get it extended an inch..STAY TUNED! (I'll do some photoshop work tonight ..before I make my decision.
3. The car at the moment does not scrape anywhere, but its only a week out of the shop, so I don't plan to go any lower with the springs because it would just become inconvenient and too bumpy, which my girlfriend already hates
4. The kit itself needed alot of work, nothing fit straight on, the rear quarters needed to be curled up by heating screwed in, side skirts needed the vents cut nicely fitted and doors taken off and sprayed. They needed to be extended as well! and as for the front, the ends didn't line up with the wheel guards so more fibreglass work. In the end, lots of extra cash but it is a very nice fit... I ended up getting most of the dints out and 3/4 of the car painted.
5. I love the rear without the wing, you got to see it in real life to actually appreciate how good it looks w/o it I think.
And finally, whens the next cruise, boys and girls !
Clear side indicators are on the horizon The front bar looks nice, but its about 1 inch too high. The side mesh sits on red so it gives it the appearance of being darker. Its a bit late now that its glued on.
Nice mate looks tough..brings back memories...have you ever though of getting your wheels powder coated gold..or a bronze?? Looks sweet with that colour paint work. The shaved wing look is really nice gives it a very 200sx profile... Just lower that puppy about an inch and it will be a sweet sweet ride. Keep up the good work.
Techno .. Rules.. lol .. non of this R&B Bull 4 Me 2..
I thought I was the only one .. lol I grew up on raves .. not the crappie organized ones you get now, the unbelievably nasty ones.. (nasty in a good way) lol … and the drugs.. well I don’t remember..
A forum community dedicated to Mazda MX-6 owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about restorations, performance, upgrades, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!