Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Comment: Looks great! the body kit seems to be a good fit, and the wheels are an great match! Paint is awesome!

Suggestion: Take it out of the garage and get some better photos! ;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Looks good, but those spoilers and side skirts would last about 5 minutes around here XO

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Looks nice (for a second gen :p) Notice the :p

Na really I like. The wingless look suits the car very much.

The only suggestion I can think of would be doing something with the mesh. Is it me or is the inserts in the skirts a different colour to the bar. Perhaps it just looks that way due to the paint behind the mesh in the skirts.

I would also say I like the wheels, what are they? 17's im guessing?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yea its all right .. I don’t like the colour..

GET DOWN.. SEXY..MEXY
:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Very nice, :tup: I dont like the front spoiler, but the wheels and the kit look gr8. What are the alloys called??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The front spoiler would be nice if it was an inch lower to the ground.

The wheels, I don't know the name... I asked whats in stock and they were one of them. They were from Ozzy Tyres in Bexley.

The car looks 10x better in real life. I don't think photos do a car any justice.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Oh well, they are a nice set of rims anyway :)

18's are a little big for my liking. Rubber is too expensive if you bugger them up :)

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I think it looks great.. and like everyone else think that the wheels look awesome.. but if it was mine i would want some kinda spoiler on the back.. just my personal opinion.. other wise its great!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow man where to start..

Fristly Congrats on getting a whole heap done to your mx buddy, its looking very nice my friend.

Rims for a start i must say bud look very hot, 18's are a nice fit for her, 19's fit aswell. but the car sits a little high.. so you did well with yoru choice of 18's. maybe you could compliment them with some Hot Btizs coilovers very nice little units.. and you can get overnight delivery.

Love the shaved wing man, some people dont like it and all that matters is now that your have one of the phew that are wingless and complimented with the rear quarter panels..

Which i must say have been fitted really nicely bud, good job..
Love the side skirts aswell man, the mesh in their is a personal choice really. i just wanted to keep the flow going on my car, and i didnt want to drill out a 3-5inch hole in the side of my car, incase i ever took the side skirts off for some random reason. but still looks good buddy.

I thought you where going with the veilside front bar? but it appears you have chosen the invader front bar, which in turn is still nice, but just sits a little high and sometimes makes the car look higher then she really is. but still very nice.

and also love your plates to duckers ;)

take care champ ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey mate,

Firstly, thanks for the advice and pics of your car...and for the comments/questions...

1. I like this front bar because I think it fits the profile of the front of the car, not too pointy. but its definitely too high!

2. I plan to get a custom lip made..maybe an inch in height, that or cut the bar in half long ways and get it extended an inch..STAY TUNED! (I'll do some photoshop work tonight ;) ..before I make my decision.

3. The car at the moment does not scrape anywhere, but its only a week out of the shop, so I don't plan to go any lower with the springs because it would just become inconvenient and too bumpy, which my girlfriend already hates :)

4. The kit itself needed alot of work, nothing fit straight on, the rear quarters needed to be curled up by heating screwed in, side skirts needed the vents cut nicely fitted and doors taken off and sprayed. They needed to be extended as well! and as for the front, the ends didn't line up with the wheel guards so more fibreglass work. In the end, lots of extra cash but it is a very nice fit... I ended up getting most of the dints out and 3/4 of the car painted.

5. I love the rear without the wing, you got to see it in real life to actually appreciate how good it looks w/o it I think.

And finally, whens the next cruise, boys and girls ! :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looks great man, and such a drastic change in such a short amount of time, may I ask where your cash comes from? :p

I personaly like the front bar, sort of has a 200sx look to it now and the wheels look great.

Suggestions, get some clear side indicators... legaly :p and somehow maybe darken the mesh insert on those side vents.

And nice plate man, very unique :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Clear side indicators are on the horizon :) The front bar looks nice, but its about 1 inch too high. The side mesh sits on red so it gives it the appearance of being darker. Its a bit late now that its glued on.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
I LOVE IT!!!

got the same car, so u have given me a few idea! ;)

but theres i thing:mad: it should be TECHO:smokin:

not!! :flamer: rnb:rocket:

techo rules!:drinkup:

carl cox 2003!!

@-

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice mate looks tough..brings back memories...have you ever though of getting your wheels powder coated gold..or a bronze?? Looks sweet with that colour paint work. The shaved wing look is really nice gives it a very 200sx profile... Just lower that puppy about an inch and it will be a sweet sweet ride. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Techno .. Rules.. lol .. non of this R&B Bull 4 Me 2..
I thought I was the only one .. lol I grew up on raves .. not the crappie organized ones you get now, the unbelievably nasty ones.. (nasty in a good way) lol … and the drugs.. well I don’t remember..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts