Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put some second gen K-Sport springs on my car, the springs sit wierd. i know everything about doing this(Back springs r a lil smaller, fronts drop in) but i got a bad steering problem, when i hit bumps the wheel change position as if the spring in not set right. im lookin for some feedback on this. i change both tie-rods n the rack is good, Plus i had problems with 2 struts(Threads got messed up so the nut is not all the way down) when puttin the springs in.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
when you installed them, did you keep track of exactly how the strut mounts came out, and install them the exact same way? if you dont mark them before you remove them, and just toss them back in, chance's are your camber is off.

best question would be to ask if you have had an alignment done yet? cause obviousely switching the springs is gonna effect that also.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
When i put intrax lowering springs on my GT i had this same problem. I would hit a bump and the wheel would sometimes jerk left or right. Even on wet roads driving over painted lines in the road my wheel would turn a little like it was losing traction. Believe it or not it was actually the TOE that was off, not the camber. When i finally got it on the alignment rack at work, the camber was still in spec but the car toed out a shit load. I brought the toe into spec and the car handles awesome now. I would take it somewhere and get your car aligned asap.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
im gonna do a alignment but the steerin wheel feels to weird, one miniute itz light, hit a bump n then itz tight. if u drive straight u feel the wheels turnin by themselves as if the springs are moving, when i had my eibachs in it was fine and at that time it realli needed an alignment but the steering never felt weird, jus the car would pull right, now it kind of pulls both ways, im buyin some new 2nd gen llumina struts n 1st gen strut mounts, hopefully that should take care of everything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts