Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day after work I was cruising home on a fairly quiet 4 lane doing 60. I noticed this new '99-'01 mustang coming behind at a good clip probably 80 (speed limit was 50). So I thought what the hell, dropped it in 3rd and punched it before he got right on me... he never did. We both where doing about 135 before we slowed down but he never once gained on me, he just stayed the same distance behind me in the other lane. At the end of the 4 lane he pulls up and we were both grinning and he asked what I had under the hood. He was amazed when I told him a stock 2.5L with a 3" exhaust. His was a stock 3.8. Unfortunatly I didn't have enough time to ask him if he was just playing with me or if I was actually holding him. It was fun none the less... so to y'all, was he holding back or have any of you messed with the 3.8?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Actually I am surprised that you were not pulling slowly away from him.
I have raced a few 3.8L Mustangs and have beaten everyone of them. Although the races never got to 135, the were rarely over 100.

Good one anyway.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Rhobeman, I would ALMOST gave this story the BS flag.. first of all. If you didn't know the new v6 Mustang's top speed is 106mph and YOU DID mentioned that he was stock. So you couldn't have done 135 and still have him on your tail. Oh by the way.. our limiter is 134, just to let you know. But why I didn't give this the BS is cuz you beat him, and those newer v6's aren't as slow as the older v6's but they're still slugs (top end)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a '93 and believe me it has no limiter... my top speed measured by my cop friend was about 141 radar speed... bite that, or come on up and I'll show you up... you have to take in account I have 18's as well. I really don't care if you think it's BS but you'd better do a little more research on them mustangs... his was either a 99 or 00, my buddy's 99 gt does well over 130 vs the 106 you say. Everyone's on a BS claiming kick these days... I just tell it like it was. Thanks for the support Rbodeman...

G

·
first gens didnt have governors did they? speedos read out 150...but i only had the 2.2 turbo pushed to 127 before i decided to quit. the kill is nice...those mustangs are fairly quick seeing that they have 200hp. but they weigh a lot more than the 6. nice kill nice kill.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if he had a limiter on it it was gone... unless my speedo magically reached 135 while I was really doing 110. For what I could tell it was a stock stang and the guy didn't mention anything. I also have 18's w/225/40's in which case I was actually going faster that my speedo said... hence, my personal top speed of 141 mph. Didn't they start putting in the limiters in the '95 and later models for our 6's? I'll have to have my buddy video tape the radar gun as I fly by for you unbelieving folks... then you'll think I photoshopped the video somehow... Thanks for the cheers Remsmx6

BTW for all you youngin's who think this is BS... I'm near 30 and could give a sh!t about personal glory.. whoop his ass and such, I was mostly asking a question... is it possible to have beaten a 190hp stang in a 6? I speak it like I saw it... My speedo said 135 and he was NOT going 106! It was a new gen body style and a 3.8L v6. Find one and race them on the interstate... just make sure it's not a GT :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Dude, I know you were talking about the v6, it's just that I don't have anyone I know personally that has the v6. Has it occured to you that you have been referring to a '01... talk about me not being able to read... go to my first post and you'll see I said "I noticed this new '99-'01 mustang..." I never stated the exact year because all I knew was that it was the new body style. Hence, if it was going faster than 106, which it was, it was probably NOT the 2001 model, rather the '99/'00 model, and then if both those years also where limited at 106 then he must have bypassed the limiter... so whatever BS you ALMOST smelt (yes I can read) must have come from your own ass...

·
Registered
372 Posts
And talk about stupid.. "I noticed this new '99-'01 mustang..." and didn't I i give you the link to a 2001 Model? Am i wrong that 2001 lies in the '99-'01 area?!?! And you know what? the 99-00 has 190hp while the 2001 has 193. How much sense does it make that the 99-00 is going faster than the 01 by over 20mph?!?! God your stupid. Yap all you what, it must've been a GT that you raced, the guy was too ashame to admit he lost in a GT. Or like i said, this can be BS, and no not from my ass, cuz I didn't start this post.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts