Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahhh. I'm back. Its been the longest. 28K miles on the maxima this year, and I'm tired. I miss the six and its problems. I'm considering resurrecting it one last time.
I put in an ATX(1), and with the car still suspended, the tires rotated freely in park, and all the other gears. Both axles were plugged in. Needless to say, I took it back and got another one. I put in ATX(2) , and plugged in the driver side axle. The tires rotated freely in park and all the other gears as well. :confused: wtf? I didnt bother plugging in the passenger side axle. I just left it, and its been sitting for months. I just went and picked up another ATX(3) two days ago. I decided not to put that one in yet. I placed its shifter in park, and the axle piece that they usually leave in there when sold to you on the driver side, rotated. What gives?

So in conclusion, I had started the car up with ATX(1), and it was bad--didnt do anything. I havent yet started the car with the ATX(2), but with the key turned to IGN, it throws no tranny codes(like all my other bad ATX's did). However, I did not plug in the passenger side axle or driveshaft. So could that be the problem? With the ATX(3), some guy told me that it has to be in the car, and with both axles plugged in, in order for the axles not to rotate in park.

I thought that the gears may have fallen out of the ATX(1). But what are the odds that it fell out of ATX(2) and ATX(3)? I got 2 and 3 from the same place. Can anyone answer or give any response that might help?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I think you have to have both axels in. If I am not mistaken,, the diff will allow one or the ther to spin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts