Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Are there any pics of how cosy it is for a 3" dump to sit near the air-con on a first gen mx6. I have been told by some it is imposible for a 3" dump to be mandrel bent off the flange due to the room available between the flange of the turbo and the air-con. Im sure there would be some pics out there somewhere???

Shaun.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Isn't tha main problem with a 3" rite fro the turbo the stud pattern that holds tha flange on??? aren't they too close for it to be right off the turbo? I know mine isn't 3" off the turbo, but is not much past it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am not sure how it would fit with a stock turbo, But i am telling you i could not get mine to fit....Acually i prolly could have but way too much hassle so the air con is goooooone pics on this SITE you can see the condenser is gone but the pipes remain. i think the sacrafice was worth it :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
i have had one for about 1.5 years now. A twin dump. I can email pics so you can put them up if you want

James

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I have a 3inch down pipe from the stock turbo.. it has been pressed, or some how altered to clear the studs .. like the dimples on an oil filter sort of thing…
So I suppose it is perhaps a little restricted but mainly 3 inch…

·
Registered
342 Posts
Pics sent. You'll notice the O2 sensor was relocated to the bottom of the car where the 2 pipes join. Car revs nicely to 6 grand. Pulls consistant 14.9's with filter, exhaust and stock boost. (10psi no bleed)

Cheers, James

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sorry for the slow service kids...

Was away on my honeymoon, but back in action now, all tanned and relaxed. Btw...Fiji rocks, get out to the islands :)

Here are the pics....

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts