Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
raced my friends dodge ram v8, beat him repeatedly
then an eclipse gs-t 5spd (97ish?) at lower speeds i pulled on him real hard and beat him each time until of course he wont hit it when i slow down and hit it and waits till he is way behind me and fly's by, i caught up to him though. BUT we also raced at high speeds 70-80ish i dont know i didnt look, well he did his little fly by the thing but then when i hit it we were dead even except he was in front of me because of the flyby. I thought these cars were faster?? i had two friends in my car he had either 3 or 4 in all i couldn't tell.

then the last race of the night was i pull up at a light next to a ranger, i dont know what year not too new. well after he did the chinese fire drill with his passenger (hot girl) he peeled out when the light turned green (i wasnt expecting it) so i floor it and at first i wasnt gaining much and im thinking wtf?!! a ranger! but then by the time i got into 2nd it wasnt close, then we went from like 30 mph and same thing he kept up at first then i beat him, and then right after that im going 50-55 in a 45 and i see a cop in hiding. OH [email protected]#[email protected]#$ i slam on the brakes, my friend says your ****ed. The lights come on....i slow down getting ready to pull over, the cop starts to pull out but then the lights go Off and he pulls back in! thank you God.

and that concludes this edition of cruising in my boring town.

p.s. last night i was at a light next to an older guy in a midnineties corolla, not thinking anything of it, before the light turns green he is inching forward and im like you have to be joking the light changes and he peels out so after about a second im like ok and floor it, i catch up easy and pass it but what surprised me is he chirped tires going into second, anyway i slowed down at like 40 mph because the turn to my gf was coming up but it was over by then anyway basically....but then as i turn the old guy flys by. it made my night.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought it was weird too, but im not bsing. but i beat the ranger easy its just at low rpms he wasn't as far behind as i assumed he would be, and for all we know the gst wasnt running right or something we tried to get him to pull into the gas station and talk but he didn't.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
with your mods you shoulda lost to the gst,the ranger/ram is an another story.the older v8 rams arents anything special, my friend has one, it isnt much of a threat to you.
sure it depends on the drivers too, but in all honestly,the gst must have been poorly taken care of.
but anythings possible!
good job

chances are the gst wasnt tuned properly, or at all.probabaly just some kid not knowing what hes doing.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the ram was a newer one not older, not brand new but not too old. and i dont know what the deal was with the eclipse, it was bone stock but it should have about 40 more hp than me, maybe he had alotta weight in his car or something but i know he was racing, but oh well im just gonna be happy that i beat a car i shouldnt even though its because he sucked not because im fast

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.