Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was up fellow 6 owners
I am planning on heavily modifying my 6 no matter what the price. I do need to know however, how much hp can the stock transaxle take? If it can't not take much, do you know of anyone or place that can modify them to handle high hp.
Thank you

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
if price isnt a question, you should be able to pay someone to come up with a heavy-duty gearset... similar to the one on the 2.5RS in SCC. try veilside... i know they do sequential trannies...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Does Level Ten make trannies. i thought i read on PT that some one had them build a tranny for them.

How about get a tranny shop that deals with race cars to build one for you. that is near ya

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the tranaxle until you actually put 300-hp plus to the ground. In the past, no one has able to achieve that much power out of the 2.5L "no matter what the cost". So I don't think you'll snapping any axle anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
1bad_mx6 said:
In the past, no one has able to achieve that much power out of the 2.5L "no matter what the cost".
allan wong is pulling 300 HP at the wheels in his KL03 powered 626 (according to Mike 94PGT).
the superprobe was pulling even more that that, i believe...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Stage36 said:

allan wong is pulling 300 HP at the wheels in his KL03 powered 626 (according to Mike 94PGT).
the superprobe was pulling even more that that, i believe...

BigProbe is the current top dawg in the most HP and torque arena for the 2.5L. As far as I know, he's still driving around with that setup and how's that for reliability. For the other sources that you mentioned, it has never been proven that they achieved that kind of power levels and hang on to them. Those who run 150+ N2O shot on the 2.5L engines for just a few days don't count in my book.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
1bad_mx6 said:

Those who run 150+ N2O shot on the 2.5L engines for just a few days don't count in my book.
who ran 150 shot of N2O?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts