Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think, about 350z tailights on a mx6 i have been thinking of this for a while can someone make me a photoshop of this i made one but it sux and i want to see one with the aftermarket light on ebaythese lights i did a photoshop with the regular lights but it sux someone that is good with doing photoshops id like to see the photoshop wqith the ebay aftermarket lightsplease help me out i wanna really see this before i decide i think it would be amazing and if it looks good then i will do it

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
it will not look good and it will not be worth the amount of money you would have to put into it, the taillight doesn't follow the line of the six at all, not going to happen.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
First off it is horrendouly ugly.

Second, but more importantly: Let assume you were able to get them on with oh say 40 hours or so of bodywork (the cutting welding expensive type) you would be 1/4 there. The next problem would be the trunk; as a flush fitted 350Z tail would leave the trunk lid about 4 inches too high. Basically the rake of those tails end where the bumper and lid meet. So you say "phsss, I'll make a brand new trunk lid." So there goes another 80 or so hours of fabrications since the stock hardware won't fit. Of course considering there are less than a handful recreation of the STOCK trunk lid, I'm sure a custom trunk lid would take a design and fabrication genius. And of course now you end up with basically a 350Z rear end that would probably cost you 6-10 times the value of the car. The project would cost more, take longer and be more problematic than you attempting to turbocharge your car with a fully built engine.

It certainly is possible though horrible.

·
Registered
947 Posts
with enough time and money well you can do anything, if you think it looks good then no ahead, but if you want my opinion then well i think it looks like ass but to each there own i guess

·
Registered
891 Posts
i dont think its possible, with the way the headlight is made, its gonna obstruct something from the trunk.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
honestly i am one of the biggest advocates of the phrase: with enough money anything is possible. But with this project i honestly don't see any monetary amount cutting it! completely out of the question. here is a quick PS i did of the only way i could imagine it. I can't believe i just wasted 2 mins. of my time on this chop!?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Nice PS Kansas, but I think those are the worst tails for teh 6!

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
man you guys have to stop compimenting that chop, it is horrible! absolutely disgusting! i have some good chops and that is not one of them i just wanted to prove how horrific it would look, and thought it would be funny to throw a whole Z back end on.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i like the way it looks but you guys are right it would cost way too much for a tail conversion i think i will just stick too these custom ones for now
http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141406&page=1&pp=15 what you thinkthey are almost done should be completley done one side tommorrow hopefully just got my dremel back and the heat gun is ready to finish the clear cover

·
Registered
874 Posts
Another imagination......

I can only guess the G35 coupe tailight light might work.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts