Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I drove next to one of these. The guy saw me and immediatly down shifted and jumped up to show me his new power. It is 9 at night on the 5 north so there is no cars in the fast lanes, so he slows down and I see him waiting for me to come and challenge him thinking I am just a little ricer. Well I ease it into 3rd at 60 and then just let him drift down to my speed and we get even. He is looking at me waiting to see if I want to go, he taps his gas and lurches the car a little, I take off and him too. I swear it was the greastest sound I have heard my whole life, our cars side by side just going all the way up 7000rpms and shifting into fourth and the same thing again. 120 is when we shut down and it was dead even. Closest race I've had my whole life. I feel that my car is at it's prime with 100,000 miles on it. It was great f****** fantastic!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Wow, good run, sounds like your car is pretty freaking quick...What kind of work do you have done??? I thought those new Z's were pretty damn fast, I think from a dig, he would have handed you your ass, they make quite a bit of torque.

Good run none the less :tup:

-Bryce

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
what are your mods?

i raced one rfom a dig - he obviously took me off the line and i was barely able to reel him in and pull on him a wee bit. this was at 3.5psi.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
You might wanna post your modz list :shrug:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I've been at work all day. My car was running like crap, and I just got done tuning my car and I added a few things. The race was on the 5 North right after the 8. My mods are:
ZE cams
Performance pistons
Intake (short K&N)
Pacesetter Headers (Just put on)
Custom test pipe (Just put on)
All 2.5" Exhuast pipes
9lbs flywheel
stage 1 clutchmasters
New plugs, wires all the small crap plus I changed to full synthetic.
Upgraded ECU to acuire for mods and gas milege.
Thanks for the comments, and feel free to ask any more questions. Well think I am going to get nitrous now that I have all the simple bolt-ons done. Exterior is done too, I'm running out of things to do.})
(I know there is more like TB and Spacers, but that's to little, it will come soon enough though)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts