Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
:eek: That's badass! I've seen 2 videos of a turbo Hyabusa before, one top speed run, where thy rider did a wheelie from 60 to 140mph, and then took it to 230mph. The other was a turbo Busa messing aroung on the highway with other bikes:lol:

Nice post, I wish my speaker's would work, so I could hear the waste gate.

Juggalo

·
Registered
658 Posts
that is one sick a$$ bike, I would love to go for a ride on that puppie. I wonder whats the top speed on something like that. He needs to take it to the salt licks and give iut a whirl. He would love it and i would love to see it done.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
I can't even begin to imagine the level of insanity that must be reached before you say "My stock Hayabusa isn't fast enough."

Or, the recockulous level of insanity at which point you say "Bolt ons just aren't doing it, I need a turbo....for my insanely fast sportbike."
-Garrett

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skiingman said:
I can't even begin to imagine the level of insanity that must be reached before you say "My stock Hayabusa isn't fast enough."

Or, the recockulous level of insanity at which point you say "Bolt ons just aren't doing it, I need a turbo....for my insanely fast sportbike."
-Garrett
^exactly

I'm waiting for them to add nitrous

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Someone doesn't value their life very much. That kind of power is just insane. I too, would like to ride that thing just once for the novelty. But I'd be scared to keep chancing it. For some reason though, I'd like to give the Dodge Tomahawk concept a spin. (For those who don't know, that's Dodge's motorcycle concept that is basically a Viper engine on a motorcycle frame. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds with a top speed *estimated* at near 400mph!)

Trent

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Holy crap!!!! That is crazy stuff, talk about a stupid high power to weight ratio!!!

-Bryce

·
Registered
326 Posts
That nine second supra wouldn't stand a chance against the hayabusa. Hate to break it to you but we are talking about a bike that runs high tens stock, on factory horsepower. Now if you more than double it you have a effective 7.5 to low 8 sec bike, plus torque don't mean diddly squat if you weigh under 600 pounds cause you will move a lot faster than the supra will even though the supra puts out 1000 horses. My best friend weighs 126 pounds and has a brand new gixxer-750 2003, I raced him and he actually pulled away from me at 70 mphs til 140mph then I started to catch up again but he still won the roll-on since I shut it down after 150mph. Also his is bone stock too. Man I wanna race that supra! My dream car!!!:jump:

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
boostedfury said:
That nine second supra wouldn't stand a chance against the hayabusa. Hate to break it to you but we are talking about a bike that runs high tens stock, on factory horsepower. Now if you more than double it you have a effective 7.5 to low 8 sec bike, plus torque don't mean diddly squat if you weigh under 600 pounds cause you will move a lot faster than the supra will even though the supra puts out 1000 horses. My best friend weighs 126 pounds and has a brand new gixxer-750 2003, I raced him and he actually pulled away from me at 70 mphs til 140mph then I started to catch up again but he still won the roll-on since I shut it down after 150mph. Also his is bone stock too. Man I wanna race that supra! My dream car!!!:jump:
Actually you are incorrect. A Hayabusa runs 9s stock at around 145-150 MPH I believe. HOWEVER, a busa has a drag coefficient of about .62 where as a Supra is around .30 if I recall correctly. Because of this, a 9 second Supra will walk away from a busa or any other sportbike on the road. Actually, any Supra or car with top end pull even without big HP will pull bikes from a roll because cars have less drag than bikes. As a result of a bike's high drag coefficient, a car doesn't need a ton of power to pull them from a roll.

A prime example of this is the Walser Supra absolutely walking a Busa like a dog on the highway. He pulls at least 6 cars on him if not more. His Supra is running HKS2835s turbos, 272 cams, etc. Here is a link to his car http://www.turboimports.com/darstrunhkst.html

Search Kazaa, there are 5-6 good vids of him walking a modded 1000cc Gixxer, and the busa along with other various cars HARD.

-Sprockett's friend Ryan

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sprockett said:
Actually you are incorrect. A Hayabusa runs 9s stock at around 145-150 MPH I believe. HOWEVER, a busa has a drag coefficient of about .62 where as a Supra is around .30 if I recall correctly. Because of this, a 9 second Supra will walk away from a busa or any other sportbike on the road. Actually, any Supra or car with top end pull even without big HP will pull bikes from a roll because cars have less drag than bikes. As a result of a bike's high drag coefficient, a car doesn't need a ton of power to pull them from a roll.

A prime example of this is the Walser Supra absolutely walking a Busa like a dog on the highway. He pulls at least 6 cars on him if not more. His Supra is running HKS2835s turbos, 272 cams, etc. Here is a link to his car http://www.turboimports.com/darstrunhkst.html

Search Kazaa, there are 5-6 good vids of him walking a modded 1000cc Gixxer, and the busa along with other various cars HARD.

-Sprockett's friend Ryan
I feel I must chime in here for the sake of accuracy. While you're absolutely right about the drag coefficients, that doesn't mean that the drag on a bike is neccesarily higher than that of a car. You're forgetting frontal area. The bike may have double the car's coefficient, but the car has double the bike's frontal area. If this were exactly the case, they would have exactly the same drag at a given speed. Naturally, this force would effect the bike more and would cause it to be at a dissadvantage, but saying that it's at a dissadvantage because of it's Cd is wrong.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I hope you didn't get that from a magazine because everytime I saw one launch his 60ft time sucked because his tires were spinning. The Hayabusa is one of the most aerodynamic vehicles on the road, it was a purpose built streetlight terror for dragracing against ANYTHING. I am pretty sure have enough power to beat that Supra and I still didn't pull away from my roommates gixxer750?? Yet, I can beat a supra with a (claimed)800 horses by 2 carlengths?? I have ridden on the back of the Hayabusa and rode one once(one time only:eek: ) The first one was stock and it pulled from 100 to 160 faster than it did 0 to 100?? And the other one I drove wasn't stock and had nitrous, I didn't let the solenoid click on till I hit 140 and it scared the p*** out of me literally, I wet my pants when I hit 200 and I immediately cut it off and called for Al to pick me up and drive his bike home. I have never been so scared in my life and I ride bikes all the time namely a Vrod (for now)}) . All I am saying is that I want to meet this Walser guy one day because he has nitrous and over 1000 horses in his supra. His Supra is faster than he claims I know that much for a fact, the major problem is controling the power between your legs. Both of those bikes weren't that modded either because I seriously doubt that they had turbos or even put out 160 horses at the wheels. Superbikes in full race trim make 180 at the wheels and are scary fast.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Well, if the busa was so strong....he should have proved that point by NOT jumping the line both races, and by NOT pulling in front of the Supra at the end. Also, they should have raced from a roll, too.

Also, Ryan is one of the smartest people I know when it comes to cars - he's been around Supras, FDs, and everything a lot longer than I have been, and knows what he is talking about.

·
Registered
326 Posts
First they should have raced from a roll because you know how impossible it is to control the power. So you are right in that aspect, but I honestly don't think he had any idea of how to ride the bike. Give him a couple of months and lots of practice espescialy(sp?) launching and he will do a lot better. Also the "walser" supra only makes little over 800 horses? And it runs 11s??? That on low boost setting? Hell I have seen a banshee kill a 5.0 in the 1/8 roll-on and from a stop. I have also seen a z71 beat a r6 out the hole too. Really must be a drivers race, cool though too bad it won't ever happen(the roll-on) probably already wrecked it. :D I am not saying you are wrong but this bike defies classification thats my point, if it did lose in a roll-on I will concede gracefully.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
boostedfury said:
I hope you didn't get that from a magazine because everytime I saw one launch his 60ft time sucked because his tires were spinning. The Hayabusa is one of the most aerodynamic vehicles on the road, it was a purpose built streetlight terror for dragracing against ANYTHING. I am pretty sure have enough power to beat that Supra and I still didn't pull away from my roommates gixxer750?? Yet, I can beat a supra with a (claimed)800 horses by 2 carlengths?? I have ridden on the back of the Hayabusa and rode one once(one time only:eek: ) The first one was stock and it pulled from 100 to 160 faster than it did 0 to 100?? And the other one I drove wasn't stock and had nitrous, I didn't let the solenoid click on till I hit 140 and it scared the p*** out of me literally, I wet my pants when I hit 200 and I immediately cut it off and called for Al to pick me up and drive his bike home. I have never been so scared in my life and I ride bikes all the time namely a Vrod (for now)}) . All I am saying is that I want to meet this Walser guy one day because he has nitrous and over 1000 horses in his supra. His Supra is faster than he claims I know that much for a fact, the major problem is controling the power between your legs. Both of those bikes weren't that modded either because I seriously doubt that they had turbos or even put out 160 horses at the wheels. Superbikes in full race trim make 180 at the wheels and are scary fast.

First off, I am somewhat offended by you suggesting I got my arguments from a magazine. Because that implies I am simply regurgitating someone else’s information and cannot think for myself, this is not the case. And secondly, I disagree with some aspects of your post. The basic principle of aerodynamics is how proficient an object is at cutting through air. One of the ways utilized to measure this property is drag coefficient. Given the busa’s high drag coefficient, being a little greater than double the average sports car, it is CLEARLY prevalent that a busa is NOT highly aerodynamic, based on that correlation between aerodynamics and drag.

On another note, Supras taking down bikes isn’t an uncommon occurrence at all. Any Supra with a single will run with any 600 or 750cc bike. It takes a fairly large single for them to run with a 1000cc bike from a roll. For reference, my friends BPU Supra (6speed) has run with a 600cc bike on the highway and he only is putting down around 450HP. Granted this was a late 90s bike, possibly a CBR F3 so its wasn’t at today’s level CBR. Walser’s Supra is one of a fairly LARGE number Supras running around with that kind of power, not to mention the new record for the most HP on stock short block is now 980RWHP. Also, when another of my friends was running an SP63 (mid-range sized turbo) on his Supra (6speed). He said he could run with the 600cc and 750cc and I believe Honda’s old 929s, but he couldn’t run with 1000cc bikes or greater, they were simply too fast. Again the reason for this, the bikes having greater drag then the Supra at higher speeds. Of course, a modded bike also brings another aspect into the equation. And I cannot comment on whether or not the above-mentioned bikes were running an aftermarket pipe etc or not.

I am by no means saying that bikes are not fast……trust me on this one, if I had the extra money I would purchase one. So please do not take my posts as “bike bashing”, that is absolutely NOT my intent. I am simply saying their high drag hinders their top end and highway acceleration from a roll, which is why cars have the ability to pull bikes on the highway. I am also aware that the other typical sport bikes are more aerodynamic than the Hayabusa, the busa having the highest DC out of the bunch if I recall correctly. And I am fully aware that the superbikes that run in that specific category (name escaping me right now, possibly Formula Xtreme) dyno around 180 to the ground.

pitviper33 said:
I feel I must chime in here for the sake of accuracy. While you're absolutely right about the drag coefficients, that doesn't mean that the drag on a bike is neccesarily higher than that of a car. You're forgetting frontal area. The bike may have double the car's coefficient, but the car has double the bike's frontal area. If this were exactly the case, they would have exactly the same drag at a given speed. Naturally, this force would effect the bike more and would cause it to be at a dissadvantage, but saying that it's at a dissadvantage because of it's Cd is wrong.
Yes, but despite a car having a greater frontal area, they still retain the ability to cut through the air better with the proper aerodynamics. Take the typical NASCAR for example; it’s essentially a streamlined brick. It has more frontal area than the majority of racecars however still retains the aerodynamic properties. Also has the ability to cut through air with minimal drag and hence has a low drag coefficient. A bike despite having a small frontal area still has greater drag because of its inability to cut through the air at higher speeds. Basically, its all about cutting through the air with the least amount of resistance, size to a certain extent doesn’t really have a bearing on this. As long as the object in question has the proper aerodynamic properties.

From what you’re saying, if I am interpreting your post in the matter you had intended. It’s not the bikes increased drag that results in its disadvantage than what is it?

-Sprockett’s friend Ryan again ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Check this out its from the suzuki website in Uk.
http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/centre_tech_spec_models.asp?BIKE_ID=14

Fairing design optimised for efficient aerodynamics – lowest drag coefficient of any Suzuki street motorcycle (drag coefficient of 0.270 CdA)
Thats a pretty low rating isn't it, just some info that I had on hand. Like I had said it was a drag only bike, there has to be some other factors involved. I also believe the coefficient on the supra is .33, I am pretty sure thats right. Care to look at some other factors? I am curious myself you know. I didn't want this to be a bashing or flame war, but a civilized and intellectual conversation between two people.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Come on anyone have a suggestion as to why bikes have lost to cars yet thay are faster in the 1320? I would like some ideas as would sprockett, maybe Rick can help?? Nah, he'd just hi-jack this thread.:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you like bikes check out GHOST RIDER videos, he's from Sweden and is crazy.I wheelies a busa at320km/h driving over a hump in the road.The whole movie is about..bring speed records in peak hour traffic. I own 2bikes a Kawa.Ninja ZX7R and a Katana600(4sale).I wouldn't think of adding more power.The mod I did to my bike was change the sproket and it lowered my top speed...But I still reach 280km/h everytime I ride it..

I have for sale a 2001 Suzuki Katana600 with 9000km/h never dropped or a scratch on it,,Only driven 3times..5000$can.4000$US
Why I'm selling the bike and the whole story of how I ended up with it is also an even longer story...PM me if interested

·
Registered
337 Posts
To answer Boosted fury's question bikes only really lose when the road starts to turn As a driver of both you can't really nail the throttle on the bike while you are in the curve you sort of have to follow thru while in a car you can use oversteer and understeer to run thru the turn..On a bike you wiggle and you are dead..You also don't turn the handles on a bike you use body mass which is scary to think off but fun to negotiate..On a straight away bikes don't really launch hard or else you end up on the back wheel so getting a good launch is hard while in a car it's much easier so that's why sometimes the car win's on the straight..just my opinion not a fact..:p

·
Registered
797 Posts
Id be to scared just to ride that thing on the dyno. With that much power i could imagine the ****in thing just spontaneously combusinting. :eek: That is just beyond insane.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts