Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 Mx6 M-Edition with the 3cd deck. The deck ate one of my cds and will not eject it. It displays "E-02". I did what the manual suggests and it still will not give up the disk. How do I fix this? Is this something I can fix or prevent in the future? Replacing the factory system is not an option right now so keep your bats in the closet for now:)
Thanks, Wally

·
Registered
148 Posts
Carefully remove the unit from the dash, unhook the power and then... Slam the dam thing on the pavement until it falls apart allowing you to get the disc. Then leave it there and run to your local audio shop and druel over a new headunit that you can't buy right now. HA!! I feel for you man, Maybe it is time to replace it, I know someone selling their Eclipse Cd deck for $140... 2 yrs old 5304 model, not sure?. You could always try taking it apart, what do you have to lose at this point? Sorry again...

[Edited by Gene/=/Splicer on 02-04-2001 at 09:15 PM]

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
wal92tt said:
Replacing the factory system is not an option right now so keep your bats in the closet for now:)
Thanks, Wally
funny you said that... getting out the bat is my ritual ceremony upon installing a new deck in a friends car. i posted that in another thread...its lots of fun... seriously8D

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
3cd deck

i too have a '96 M-Edition. i had the same problem starting about a year ago and it happened more often each month. fortunately i ended up replacing it, but until then i just pushed the cassette in and ejected it a lot. it eventually catches. after a dozen times or so, i also lifted up on the cassette, struck it, abused it as it clicked and sh*t, since i knew it has to be replaced anyway. you can't deny it anymore, it's broken, dude! believe it or not, the dealership told me it's an alpine. ... i think it is. the cassette fits in the 3cd changer that alpine sells aftermarket. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts