Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know RR racing only sells the motormount inserts for the wavy lined type (93) and the omega style (94+).

so where did this come from?

:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahahahahaha. damn right it came from my broke ass car!

but thats what i was also thinking, or that could be the only other possibility. But i am 95% sure that the motor has never been taken out of the car. so that sorta eliminates that ?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Not to thread jack..but what's the easiest way to replace the rear mount..It's the only thing keeping me from enjoying some zoom zoom:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
take off intake manifold, move all the wires/hoses back behind it, and you have a perfectly clear shot at all the bolts. The thru bolt was a sombitch on mine to get out because of the PS lines.

but i just dont see how it would have ended up on the car. if they asked for a new rear mount from any place they would ask for a mx6 seems like. who knows.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That is a factory 93 mount. If you read closer on RR's site you select 93 if you have an Autozone mount not a factory 93. There is not an insert for that style. You should be a able to get an aftermarket rear mount that works for the 93 style inserts for about 40 bucks. I did the same thing, if you need the anchor part number I can dig it up for ya.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well luckly i knew this one was shot so i bought an omega style one from hughes ahead of time. I would have been screwed if i didnt hahah.

butt, i guess i never new there was this one. My car is a 94, so maybe the motor has been taken out before.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
if i recall correctly, the mazda dealership told me my car was built on december 18, 1993.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what are you so confused about?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
if i recall correctly, the mazda dealership told me my car was built on december 18, 2003.
Is the mazda dealership that stupid or was it just a typo? The date your car was manufactured is on the sticker in your driver's side door jamb.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lmao, fuck

typo

and the door jamb is just the year the model is. not the exact date it was made

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmmh. i guess ive never looked at mine.

im 95% sure on hondas it just says the year. ah well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts