Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recognize these screws and knows where they go? All systems are working and no rattles, checked workshop manual diagrams cannot determine their location...help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like some of the main bolts that hold it all together. If I remember right there are two on each side of the dash. You would have to remove the panels on the side with a short Phillips screwdriver after opening the door. Another spot is at the base of the center console where the computer is. You have 4 bolts that would go there. Another spot is one at the center top, but seeing you have a even number not likely. If I remember right all the spots I mentioned use the same bolts.
And your Mx-6 looks great

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took the car for a test drive and squeak squeak squeak behind the dash but when I hold the steering wheel tight push it up or down no squeak so I took out the air conditioning heater control module and to your right there are four holes that's where the top part of the dashboard attaches to the bracket and holds the steering column to the firewall so problem solved hope it helps somebody else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts