Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1st gen MX-6 turbo with 4ws, which is having trouble with the 4ws system. Does anyone have information on the 4ws system? Specifically I need info on the sensors, their location, how to test them and a source for replacement parts. Does anyone have schematic diagrams for the 4ws system? Mazda will not give me any! Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
that sucks

I had a problem with my AWS a couple of months ago. I took it to the dealer, and it was fixed right the first time, but it cost me about $400(a timing relay was bad). If you want to try to do it yourself, get the shop manual from Mazda (p/n: 9999-95-019B-89, cost me $75) and it has all of the diagrams. I wouldn't mess with it though unless you had alot of experience with electronics.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. I have found that the control rod has snapped when I took the rear wheel steer rack apart. This can happen for a couple of reasons apparently. It can happen because of a faulty sensor (there are about 5 sensors I've been told), computer or just wear and tear. I have to find a way to test the electronics before I can fix the control rod, or I could cause more damage. This rod is made from high tensile steel and is designed to break if there is a malfunction. Is there much information of the 4ws system in the manual? If there is not too much, could you somhow scan and send me some info? It would help me out alot. The cost of the manuel here in Australia is over $200 and is not available at the moment. I am looking for stuff at the moment and don't know where it is in the car! I'm getting closer to the problem I feel, but I need more information. Any help would be appreciated. Where are you from?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Panik. I'm in Brisbane. I would not buy a second hand unit because soon it may need the same modification as I have to do. The sensor on the rack may need replacing. If I find the computer to be faulty, I may ring this place in Sydney for a price. Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
kinda spendy

There are about 25 pages in the manual for the AWS system. I will try to get them scanned in and e-mailed to you in the next couple of days. I live in Virginia by the way.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are a guru turbomx6!!!

Thankyou TurboMX6!!! I would really appreciate you doing that! It would help me so much. I can't find anyone with one of those manuals. You are a guru! Thanks heaps.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
timing relay?

Hey Turbomx6, I forgot to ask what a timing relay is? What's it's job in the 4ws system?

·
Registered
8 Posts
hy,
I am having problems as well....
if those 25 pages were scanned....can someone forward them to me as well please?
I am new to the MX-6's, but so far its a joy to drive, this is the first problem I have had...the 4ws....grrrrrr
thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts