Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't hear much about exhaust on a 2.0 i was just wondering what my options where in this area. I do know what kind of sound i am going for but i don't know if it is avheivable with the 2.0. I would like it to be loud real loud but with a low like growl when ideling. If it is posile could you give me some advice on what to get and maby some places online to check it out. By the way i do know that the intake has a major affect on the power and sound that you get from your exhaust and to add if you could give me some hints on some intakes for the 2.0. i have looked everywhere and i can't find one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
personally i like the apex mufflers. i have had both the dunk and the n1 and have found them to look, sound, and perform very good. of course you must go with custom piping or you can do what a did...get greddy piping and incorporate the apex muffler. however this is expensive since you would have to buy the whole greddy exhaust. i just got lucky and got the piping from a friend who totalled his car and had yet to install the exhaust. trust me...you wont be disappointed with any aspect of these mufflers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx alot but could you give me a price range on what it would cost for the exhaust i can get a pretty good deal on the Mandrel bent pipping from a friend that owns his own shop but could you give me an ideas at what i am looking at
price wise?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'v heard good things about apex mufflers, they just aren't that loud.
As far as price goes and sound goes, do what I did. Go custom. Replace the stock piping with custom bent piping and then replace the muffler with a glasspack muffler. The sound is incredible. A very low growl when idiling and it screams when you slam on the gas. All this equals the price of just the apex muffler. $150.
I have 2.5 so my sound will be slightly deeper than yours but your exhaust note will still be nice and deep and sound nothing like those ricer hondas.

·
Registered
135 Posts
well, i got a borla cat-back for my car. theres a pretty noticeable gain in power (i got a high flow cat too). the only modifications needed to fit the v6 exhaust onto my car was a 6 inch extention pipe. it sounds awesome too. and as for intakes, i bought a custom cold air intake off of my friend aaron for 35 dollars. it sounds awesome, and it also adds some noticeable hp. if youre interested in one, email him at [email protected]

·
Registered
475 Posts
what type of CAI is it? I know u said its custom one but like what is made out of and can he make one for a 6? Just give me some info on the CAI. THanks

·
Registered
135 Posts
the intake is made of PVC piping, fits directly in place of the airbox on any 4 or 6 cylinder 2nd generation probe or MX6. a 3 inch opening k&n filter is needed. everything is an absolutely perfect fit. just to let you know... i have a 4 cylinder MX6, he has a 6 cyl probe, and the fit, the performance, and the sound is exactly the same on both of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts