Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good intake for my 4banger. i would prefer a coldair but any would do. I am also puting on a exhast in 2 weeks, what size piping should I put on 2, 2 1/8, 2 1/4, 2 1/2 or what, what is a deep sounding muffer or a good one at that. I,m also wanting springs on my 6 what ones are good I'm thinkin InTrax but im not sure. Camber or aliment kits are they nessasary when you lower your car.Any websites/ phone numbers or prices and brand would be helpful. What about the PRM unaverisal intake?? has any one tried it on a 4banger??? thanx

Mx_6guy

STOCK!! 93' 6 silver with a Broadway rearview mirror and my dog pissin on honda and wv, and Focuz headlights. (i'm sorry im workin on it)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, here's what I learned from experience. Weapon-R intakes are garbage. Go with RS Akitmoto, its gonna run you about $150-200. It's cold air too.

As for the exhaust, if you're gonna run a NA car, then go with 2.25 to 2.5 inches. If you're planning turbo, go with 3".

And the springs, let me tell you about these. Intrax springs do offer a 1.75" drop, but for the v6 only. We four bangers gett only a .75 drop, trust me on this! If you want to go low, get some Ground Control Coils. I also recommend getting some new struts too. Good luck!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes, listen to ShyVietGuy. I bought Intraxx springs for my V6 and it only dropped my car like 1/2 inch. I took them out and sent them back. Then I got the coilovers and it goes as low as I want. You will not need a camber kit because of the way that our struts are set up. A lot of people have the misconception that the price of $400 is for each coil over. That is what some of my friends told me when I wanted to buy them. However, $400 is for everything you need to lower all four corners of your car. A must have if you want your car really low.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry folks, the RS intake by speedpeople.com is made for the ford probe 4 banger, not the Mx-6 4 banger. These two engines are the same, but the MAF is not. We have a tube style, while the probe has a four bolt pattern MAF. So its either the Weapon-R or the RS Akimoto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts