Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

4WD 1gmx6/capella. Do they exist?

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  4wd fe3 capella 
#1 ·
Looking on an auction site, an 89 Capella C2 is being sold as a 4WD. I have never heard of one and can't find any references to one. I suspect he is confused with 4WS. Did they exist?

#4 ·
Just picked up an 89 4WD Capella Hatch, bidding on a 90 4WD station wagon to go with it and saw the "capella C2 4x4" as well. Asked about it and said 4WD, trying to clarify it.

#7 ·
its too bad there are no pics from the underside, I was looking at the one of the interior.....mainly to see if the trans tunnel looks any bigger than a 2WD model.

I vaguely recall some pics from one of our european members showing that there is a slightly larger trans tunnel on the AWD models.....

Even if it isnt, current price $205 might be worth a punt.

Too bad you cant get some more pics

#8 ·
I have a 91 mx6 turbo, waiting on the mfactory torsen diff, just picked up the 89AWD and bidding on an AWD wagon for parts. I think my wife will kill me, but I am tempted, it will probably go for $600-800.

#10 ·
That VIN would have been assigned to the car when imported here, I don't know whether there is any way to reference it back to the manufacturer details.

#14 · (Edited)
I thought it looked like 4WS as well, I have the same on my Mx6, but it isn't clear enough to be sure. I asked him if he meant 4WS or 4WD (see questions and answers).He still hasn't checked it and let me know yet, but stuck a bid in anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.