Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know of an MX6 4WS second gen. being wrecked in Australia??
I'm chasing the computer in the boot for the 4WS...Keep your eyes open for me please.
Thanks guys..
PK

·
Registered
621 Posts
Jerry got himself a computer the other month.
It's for the probe but is apparently the same.

Are we talking the same thing here?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
NOPE.....Jerry got the Probe computer which is a main ECU. and Probes never came out with 4WS.... 4WS computer is the one that sences the speed you are going at to disable the rear steering if its like 90km/h or something.

P.K. are those any different from first gens???

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I honestly don't know ..They may be the same. There can’t be that much of a technological difference between the 2 mods, there only one year apart. I can take a picture of mine and get the serial number if it helps.. Do you know of a first gen. getting the chop?
PK

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
not yet.... i can find out though..... plus if they are thesame it makes it much easier to find.... ie.....Gen 2 mx6, gen 1 mx6, gen 1 GT hatch.... ill call around tomorrow ill see if there any avalible

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
There is 2 computers, One is the main ECU and the other is a dedicated one for 4WS. Here are some pics:

You can parts for a 2nd Gen here. There are wrecking one. I have bought parts off that car, but the 4WS stuff should be still intack.

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/wrecking.htm

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
hehe... look at the second pic.... the rear wheels are turning wrong way 8D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The rear wheels are speed sensitive. Depending on the speed they will turn either way.

Speeds less than 35km they will turn opposite direction
Speeds above 35km they will turn in the same direction

·
Registered
886 Posts
I wouldn't get excited and try and find a 1st Gen computer PK. From what I know, the 2nd Gen has a completely different 4WS system to the 1st Gen.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks that's good info. Silver..
Do you know {obviously this isn't a second gen mx6 in the diagram} is the "control unit "shown under the left front seat...Is that the computer we have in the boot? Because that is the one I’ve been told that's the one I need. I think the ECU is ok{that's the one under the stereo in the middle of the dash ...Right?}.
P.K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts