Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Mexers
I was hoping one of you smart people could help me.
I’m in Pert Western Australia and I am currently having a bit of a problem with my 4WS
My 4ws doesn’t work…I took it to Mazda and they said “OH YEA probobly the computer…” book it in and we will tell you for sure{$200}
I would love to swap computers to check out this “*diagnosis”
*” But unfortunately there are no mx6.com members with 4WS in Perth yet{something that I am currently working on a massive tagging campaign}.
The chap at MAZDA reckoned that 99.9 percent of the 4ws prob’s are due to the computer sh!ting itself.
I was wondering if any one had had this experience….and what they did to remedy it . Mazda just wont to sell me a new computer {$2000} I was wandering if you knew of some one how could fix, or indeed check the 4ws computer, if that is the prob. Or if it could be something else.? {I doesent mater if I have to send it over seas}

Any input would be fantastic, no mater how insignificant it may seam to you .I tell you, nobody in Perth knows any thing about the mex let alone the 4WS .
Thanks a bunch
PK

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
4ws is 4 wheel steering just so ppl kno very rare here in the states i have seen only a few sorry no help from me give it some time:p somebody must kno

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh! I had no Idea....In Aus nearly all the MX6s are 4 wheel steering ! the 2WS are the basic ones, no cruse controle, cd, ABS, or sun roof and quite rare.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Mazda is just crazy with its marketing they need some young blood in their corprate ranks! actually u kno what 4ws is nonexistent on 2nd gens here in the states ive only read of imports that had it sorry try adelaide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts