Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disassembled the 4WS rear struts today to swap the strut mounts over to my tokico blues and eibachs, as I was under the impression that they were differant than the 2WS conterparts...

However, they are exactly the same....The struts from my 4WS parts car appear to be origanal and the mounts look factory.....

So, are they differant or the same? Does anyone know positively?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet...Thanks for the fast response!

It appeared it wouldnt matter....I thought that maybe the mounts had to be like the fronts, but seeing as how little the wheels turn in the rear, its not needed as teh struts themselves have enough turn in the shaft....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking through the shop manual for the MX6 today and I see no referance to teh mount being differance. The manual is very good on pointing out whats differant on the 4WS models, pretty much every section related to it is pointed out when ther is a differance, so Im going to assume they are the same.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4 years later, Im again putting struts on my car and need to know whether they are definably the same or indeed different. I remember the strut mounts being of the standard variety that I took off the mx6. Although the rear wheels would turn, someone could have replaced them unknowingly with 2ws units. Id much rather have whats correct.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The rear mounts on my 4WS are the same as the ones on my non 4WS, in fact they are currently on the 4WD hatch. The only difference is that they are from a turbo and have longer mounting studs for the rear strut bar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts