Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been seeing stuff about 4WS all over the place. But I dont know what 4WS meens. I'm guessing it meens either 4 wheel suspenion or 4 wheel steering. Which is it and can someone explain why it's so good?

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Mine is broke
My car is falling apart guys/girls!!!! Ahhhhh!!!! I need a new timer box.

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
4WS myths 1g -- getting my cork soaked

Dyoel182 said:
Its good because it adds extra weight to your car
True, about 180 lb.

Worth it, as far as I'm concerned.

jole said:
and has a tendency to break
I've never seen a broken one in person. Have you?

In fact I don't think Terri has seen a broken one (if you're talking about mechanical breakage) and she's likely seen more than all the rest of us put together.

Virtually all the mafunctions I've seen have been electronic in nature. Replacing resistors and capacitors is not all that onerous.

jole said:
and is too expensive to replace.
Maybe if you replace with factory parts, but that applies equally to just about anything.

If you have a manual and some manual dexterity and something between your ears, you can fix 'em.

Anyone lacking the above book and/or attributes can waste money on any part of their vehicle.

sik said:
theyre not necessarily expensive to fix
Jole was talking about replace, not fix.

I'm not certain if he has ever done either, or whether he's just repeating oft-told myths.

ray said:
Mine is broke
My car is falling apart guys/girls!!!! Ahhhhh!!!! I need a new timer box.
$240 CDN (that'd be around $200 US) from the dealer.

You spent (wasted?) a lot more than that on your PG which is now relegated to the corner of the garage.

crustoid said:
Mine's got 400000kms on it, nothing broken yet
Mine's only 246,000 and change and it's had a hiccup or two, but (with the help of a shop manual, a little manual dexterity and something beside spell checker between my ears) it's now working fine.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I just went on a 6 hour trip yesterday and when through 2 mountain passes/roads. some of the corners are the craziest terrain youd take a car on, specially going downhill where your car loves to speed up a little more than youd like it. i can tell you having the 4ws made the car hug the inside edge of the guardrails no probs. 4ws is totally the shiz

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Dyoel182 said:
Its good because it adds extra weight to your car and has a tendency to break and is too expensive to replace.
Hater!!!!!:p

4WS=:cool:

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
$240 CDN (that'd be around $200 US) from the dealer.

You spent (wasted?) a lot more than that on your PG which is now relegated to the corner of the garage.
And, is there a problem what I spend/waste my money on?? Its living and learning.
I didnt say I was having a problem finding the part, matter fact I havent even looked. I could care less if my 4WS was working. Although it makes my car unique, and u-turns easy, and parking a breeze.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
SleepCounter said:
Virtually all the mafunctions I've seen have been electronic in nature. Replacing resistors and capacitors is not all that onerous.

Maybe if you replace with factory parts, but that applies equally to just about anything.
The only time Ive seen one with a problem it was electrical related and needed a new control box. I dont care for the extra weight or the gimmick of seeing the rear wheels turn a little but I'm not a hater by any means.

And as far as I knew the only replacement parts were dealer?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts