Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so thanksgiving night i was driving with one of my friends. i was coming up to a stoplight where the right lane ends right away and i hate sitting behind a whole line of cars, so i figured i take a chance and see if i can beat the person in the left lane off of the light so i can be first in line and get over, so i slow down to a roll and to my suprise there was a 5.o mustang, like a 93 lx hatch, really good condition, i thought i was screwed. i was at a roll kinda revving my engine to get into first gear properly, he revs back and the light turns green, i had a roll so i was at an advantage. but i had him all through first and i hear him shift, i wind out to 7 grand and i shift to second and he is still behind me, i get over and he was right on my ass, but i figure twice the displacement that was kick ass.

So later that night i see a GT convertable, so i pull up and i start revving, he waves me to get on the highway and i pull behind him. He punches it so i take off to. and he shifts and i pull by him in first, i grab second and just pulled on him and all he saw was my taillights, he was at my back bumper. i beat him.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
I seem to have simlar results with the 5.0s. I normally always get the jump on them, but at higher speeds, they always catch up and hand me my ass. Last time I was at Gateway, I was ahead for most of the race, then at the very end, he pulled ahead. I finished at his rear bumper, but he had a 99 trap to my 89, LOL. Where was it at that you were able to race without worrying about cops?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
wanna race my 4.6?

It's good to hear you beat a stock 5.0!!!

Now go race a modded one... say with exhaust, intake, LT, and cams and see what happens!!!

;) (this is suppose to be a winky face but the smilies on my comp don't seem to be working so I thought I would explain it so you don't think I am being a jack ass.)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mavric03 said:
I seem to have simlar results with the 5.0s. I normally always get the jump on them, but at higher speeds, they always catch up and hand me my ass. Last time I was at Gateway, I was ahead for most of the race, then at the very end, he pulled ahead. I finished at his rear bumper, but he had a 99 trap to my 89, LOL. Where was it at that you were able to race without worrying about cops?
The first one it was at Mermac Bottome crossing over lemay ferry turning into baumgartner, you should know where thats at. and when i actually raced it was getting onto 55 from lindbergh.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mavric03 said:
Where was it at that you were able to race without worrying about cops?
When i actually raced it was from lindbergh getting on to 55 south. the other time it was mermac bottom crossing over lemay ferry turning into baumgartner.

Juggalo said:
Nice:tup:

What year (or body style) was the convertable GT?
it was a fox body, it was probably a 91 through 93 cause it had the pony wheels, but he could of just put them on.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
I know exactly where that's at. going towards 55 where you have maybe a 1/4 of a mile before it cuts down into one lane. I haven't ever had any situations ilke that except the other way around. Someone in another car was the one who pulled up so they could get ahead. I just let them get ahead though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts