Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, heres the deal. I had my heart set on a 5-speed LS like you wouldn't believe, I struck a deal with a guy 300 miles away for a silver 5-peed with 90K on it. He calls me up last night and says, guess what? The engine just blew!! Well, down in Miami (200 miles away) there is a silver (excellent condition) MX-6 LS auto with only 70K on it for the same price, should I just settle for an auto and buy it at a good price? I think I should... ??? Give me your opinions!

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I really don't know man, he's only asking 5,500 for it and it has no accident history, its in MINT condition with every feature too. I want a 5-speed really badly, however to fit the silver shogun kit I have ready, its hard to find a MINT condition SILVER mx-6 5-SPEED with low miles at a good deal! Trust me, I've been look'n! Plus, my MX-6 has gone 225,000 and the ATX lasted all that time! Do you still think I should chunk this deal? Lemme know soon, cause I'm going there tomorrow! Thanks guys!

[Edited by Ralph on 12-14-2000 at 01:04 AM]

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The verdict!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but guess what?! I went down to Miami today to check it out. The exterior was in excellent shape, but the interior was horrible! I was so PISSED! I must has asked him 50 times, does everything fit the description, I'm driving a long way! "Yes, its in perfect condition inside and out!" Get this...
* Melted candle wax in the center console.
* Radio and CD Player didn't work due to a break in!
* Its pretty bad when you look inside a car and can tell the
owner had a dog and smoked a hundred packs a day.
* The drivers side door was falling apart, it looked like
someone fixed up the body and left the interior to rot.

Anyways, I got in it and drove it, and the auto trans slipped up just like mine did before it went out.
Its final guys, I'm getting an MTX when I get back from Christmas break! I'll wait a while if I have to get what I want and be happy! Thanks guys, you were right all along, and thanks for telling me about the MTX conversion, I didn't know that before... Lemme know if you find any Great cond. Silver MX-6 LS MXT's!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.