Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering does anyone know where we can buy Mx-6 5 way indiglo guages from. In km? not miles.

I heard they don't make 5 way indiglo guages for our car in Km. Does anyone know if thats true?

If not where can I get them???

:(

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I don't think they make them. But you can see the kmh in smaller writing on the mph gauges. If you really want the indiglos I guess you'd have to learn to live with that. Sorry...maybe by sending in your gauges they could custom make them, but you'd have to inquire with the company's that make the gauges.

bj

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
unfortunate but true...

the gauges are not available in KM format but really who gives a S*iT.... i know its illegal and all but all you need to know is 35 MPH is 60 Km (I think)... if i was keeping my 6 i would get em...

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
hmm

take a look in the pic post forum... im pretty sure i have seen some in there before...

cheers

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can we make our own???

I have asked several times without response in the appearance forum if it is possible to replace just the printed part of the indiglo guages with a custom made printout (ie in Km/hr). I've never seen indiglo gauges, but the home made ones are made by simply printing the gauges on a transparancy, then putting them over top of electroluminescent light sheet. If the commercial ones are made in a similar way, it may be possible to peel off the MPH printout and replace it with your own KPH printout. If anyone knows if this is possible, please let us know.

·
Registered
242 Posts
All you have to do is take your gauges out, scan them, invert the color and print them out on thick picture type paper. Then when you put them back on, put a colored film behind it, you can do any color you want.
I am going to do mine real soon, I'll post a picture when it is done.
There is a detailed description on how to do it in the Pic Post section.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
ya see

I dont think that would work... because the light isnt gonna shine through heavy photo paper.. you would have to cut out the numbers and or km markers for the light to come through... I think anyway...

cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Question?

How many of u guys actually look at your speedo while driving? I may be speaking along but i for one DO NOT CARE if im doing 60 or 70 or whatever the speed limit is... just go with traffic unless your racing and even then no one looks at the speedo... the km/h swap is just a waste of time IMHO... peas

·
Registered
358 Posts
Speedhut?

Wasn't www.speedhut.com supposed to be making MX6 gauges? They just recently came out with gauges for the probe SE & GT in both MPH and KPH. Maybe they will eventually do the same for us?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Those look like the way to go for the dash kits. Now it's just a matter of convincing them there's a market for MX6's. So here's the plan.... Over the next few days email them asking about if they are available yet for the MX6. hopefully we will show enough interest that they will do it.

Their email is: [email protected]

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dont think that would work... because the light isnt gonna shine through heavy photo paper.. you would have to cut out the numbers and or km markers for the light to come through... I think anyway...

It does work, just don't get the thickest photo paper. There is pics of a guy who did it on the Pic Post. Even the picture of the gauges in the "pics for title Page" post are made that way.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
the smart way

the best way to do it would be to buy some electroluminescent paper cut it out to spec... then scan the original guages and print them on transparencies... simply over lay them, and wire it into your headlight switch.. Im in the process of trying to locate some electroluminescent paper... using photo paper and exacto knifes and exterior lighting I think is cheesy and not very professional looking.. Just my 2cents..

cheers

p.s. I found this info in another thread here... genesplicer has actually done this...

·
Registered
242 Posts
That sounds cool. I think I am just going to wait until Speedhut makes them in KM/H anyway and buy them. That way it will look perfect!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts