Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at pretty much replacing a lot of my front suspension before winter and I want to get a little better ideas n what I should replace, and where more of the money should go. The car is a 96pgt, and it is virtually stock, I drive a lot of highway miles and just want a nice smooth ride, but not give up a ton of handling. TIA for any advice, i just want to focus the limited amount of money i have for this car in the right places.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Your budget alows for a good front end rebuild if you do the work your self.

Look around E bay and places like Probegarage for the big front end kit's.

Get the best you can afford and try to stear clear of the name less face less stores on Ebay.

Going in for new LCA's will make everything quicker ans easier for a little extra cash.

Tokiko struts are a great stock/near stock strut and if yours are original you need them. You need upper strut mounts too.

You basicaly need to replace all the rubber under the car. Axle shaft boots might be ok but if they are cracked or torn you need new ones. Consider rebuilding the axles and saving a hundred bucks or so.

Reactions: jaegzie

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Depend on what you want to replace...

Tokico Blues - $350
Eibach springs - $215
MOOG front strut mounts with bearings - $70
MOOG rear strut mounts - $60
MOOG outter tie rods - $90
MOOG inner tie rods - $80
LCA - ??
Endlinks - ??

Or you can go with the ebay package with the whole front end kit - $200

Though, $500 will not cover eveything, unless you want to go with stock springs and OEM replacement struts.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Dont forget the alignment. After touching the steering components you'll need one.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
If your not trying to make it for performance and strictly trying to go for comfort, I would suggest the tokico blues, and eibach springs. Youll have to install yourself if you want to keep it under 500 though, and then get an alignment as stated above.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill be looking into the tokico blues, has anyone used them. I will run a search in a second. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
^ i've a set of tokico blues with intrax springs i believe the drop is 1.7" i can have some pics for you soon when they come off the car right now i'm in the process of parting another car =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts