Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

$5000

799 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Ruubstr94Ls 
G
#1 ·
Lets say you had a stock mx6 v6 automatic and $5000 to spend on performance parts, everyones opinon is welcome and will be very helpfull, I have only had my car for 4 months I fell in love after the first drive but I am new to the import world so please help me.XO

#3 ·
I'm forced to say forced induction too... That's what I'm doing. The best way to get most bang for the buck is going FI. I'm doing custom setup and I've heard very big variety of resposes on TKT kits. I think he makes some "monday" kits too. Some of them are good and some... Well, what do I know. Haven't seen in real life a single one boosted 2nd gen MX-6 or Probe. Neither have I seen TKT kits, but I've based my opinion on what I've heard. Well... If you do have that kind of money to burn on engine, may I suggest that you use it wisely. Oh yeah, your tranny propably needs to be beefed up too. Check out Level 10 products for that one.

Going to forced induction wiw N/A car is a hell of a lot job to do to make it work really good, but I think it is worth it for the amount of HP's you can net with it. I'm building turbo system, not S/C since they are so rare in Finland. Yeah, that's where I live and that's where are only 4 2nd gen MX-6's. :)

Hope this helps even a bit
Mici

#4 ·
Ya the a twin turbo MX6 would be bad ass!!!

So, what do you drive? Not much a twin turbo MX-6.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#9 ·
why dotn you build the engine first, but an old 03 and buy everything for it and build that engine so it can hold more than the 4-8 psi that the stock interanl can.

first thing is to read all you can about this because its not that easy to do it. there is a book that everybody buy. i saw the name on the PT FI Forum

#13 ·
Dude, sell it!

Hey, first thing I'd do - sell it as soon as you can, and buy a 5 speed:cool:
Then enjoy the difference and spend your $5,000 on gas.@-
Right, guys?
that's what I'm sayin' - 5 speed is a way to go!!!})

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.