Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's an interesting problem I found the other day. I have a 1st gen 626 turbo with woo's chip. First time I noticed it was a miss shift from 1st to 2nd, hit 5k and the engine cut out. Second time was WOT in 2nd to 5k and again it cut out. Third time I was testing it out while stationary, in neutral revved to 5k and it cuts out. Its almost like some sort of rev limiter/fuel cut everytime I get close to 5k rpm. Each time the engine would cut out I have electrics but no dash lights would show until a few seconds later.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine completely cuts out and I have to turn the ignition to restart. I'm thinking its some sort of sensor somewhere but which one? Maybe ignitor or coil?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
yep dry joint on the new chip aka WOO chip

happend to my one from Tim's TX5.

I resoldered it all and fixed it.

just remove th ECU open the cover and just liglhty resolder the joint on the chip it's quite obvious which one it is from the PCB board side .

Or As WOO to have a look.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found the source of the problem, it wasn't the connections in the cpu. Changed out the ignitor with a spare I had and bingo no cut out after 4500rpm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if by chance you see this, by ignitor you mean the chip thing? and not the coil?
sounds like my problem.
thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts