Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and done most of the other tests for 5th gear pop out and this one is annoyhing the [email protected]#t out of me. Two months ago I was popping out of third and fifth gear, replaced all the synchros, seals, and bearings, replaced the front and rear motor mounts with polys....The engine doesnt move at all, its actually very nice...anyway. When I am driving the car shifts like butter through all the gears, even into 5th, but when I accelerate in 5th, the stick moves back about 0.5 inches, and then pops out of gear into neutral.....So I removed the 5th gear case cover, and replaced the shift fork, roller, and synchros again, still does the same thing. Does not pop out of 3rd anymore but still fifth....What am I missing here? The fluid has been replaced twice in the last 1000 miles and always filled to jsut about 3.0

Only two things I havent replaced are shift bushings and tranny mount from crossmember to tranny.....I cant image either of those would cause this...

Any guesses would be helpful, loosing my wits....And probably my wife soon if I dont get out from under this car...thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
stop using 5th. LOL. it could be the gear itself is bad. take it to a tranny shop and hve them look at it. they usually give freee estimates, and the works alot cheaper when its out of the car already.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts