Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
You've got exactly the right idea. All you meed to do is make a place, but you might want to mount the tweeters ina different location with better imagine than behind the speaker grill. If you look at the grills while sitting int he car you'll notice that the driver's side is almost completely blocked. I'd say either in the kick panels or up on the mirror pods would both be better than i n the door location with the mid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have 6.5 diamaond audio midbass in my doors
they great. With alittle work you can make it fit.As
for my tweeter i made kidpods with a tweet and 5.25 wich
made the your front stage sound even better.there alot of
room in the kick panels.Next im moving the 6.5's to the
rear and trying to fit 8 s . I'll post pics when im done.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Make sure you use some shallow eights if you want to keep the door panel stock. They'll actually fit with very little modification. Justa little metal trimming and some trimming of the backside of the door panel and they go in pretty tight. I've had some Morel double magnet 8s in for a couple years now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Can we see some of the work from the MX6 audio master?

Greg, any chance we could see some pics of the interior of your car or some of your installs? You've made many great inventive things with your audio/security system work well in your MX6, and it would be cool to see some of them. It would really compliment all those great shots of your car's exterior and engine on your web site :D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts