Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
89 626/MX6 Cruise control info

I've got a 1989 626, sedan, no cruise control. I want cruise control.

I need to know where to look to find the cruise control main computer, so far I've heard that its in the driver side kick panel, above the pedals, behind the radio, etc...not had much luck in finding a straight answer.

Looking through my Gregories manual, it has absolutly no info about cruise control, none :(

If someone could tell me where exactly I would find the cruise computer I would be very happy...I plan on going to the wreckers and pulling it all out myself, but knowing where to look would be very helpful.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If someone could get me this info tonight or tomorrow morning it would be highly appreciated! I've found a 626 in a wrecking yard that has cruise control, so I need to know where the cruise computer is to pull it out.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
The ECU is under the dash behidn your steering colum to the left - if fitted.

it takes inputs from switch's like clutch ATx box and ECU. It's main device is the Actuator situated in front of the drivers side strut tower.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Champion, now I know where to look.

The control unit that sits below the steering colum/above the air ducts, this is the automatic control module?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
- Yeah one is a Auto matic and one is a Crusie

HOld one let me double check with factory. I'm actually going off - Gd1022 not Gd1021. I will double check

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
well the diagram says it's going to be in the driver side foot well on the side ?

Diagram is not clear but under the dash to wards right hand side of the excellerator so possibly above the internal CPU unit above the fuse box.

It seems it was a much bigger unit

I knew Gd1022 had a massive crusie control update with both controls and unit actuators but didnt realise how big. It seems the ECU fro crusie control is much bigger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, on the side, I think that may be right. When I was like down there on thursday I had a look above and around the brake pedal and there wasn't much there besides the small box (had a Mitsubishi label on it) hanging near the steering column. I'll have a look above the fuse box when I'm at the wrecking yard next.

I know that there are the two green electrical things that are mounted next to the accelerator pedal, but my current (non cruise) car has these too, so that can't be it.

Any chance you can post pictures of your diagrams, or email them to me or somthing? Would be much appreciated :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts