Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i pulled the head of zako's old 626 turbo and the gasket wasnt even blown the motor is in perfect condition, atleast for 230000kms, so 80 bucks for shave and pressure test shes good as new.
my transmision guy recons he's never heard of a shift kit in a fwd
the interior has come up as new i sprayed all the red shi* grey again and it looks good
im thinking the trans is going to be expensive?, what usually happens to them, it doesnt select properly
any one know where to get a second gear and sleave for 1st gen turbo manual?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey Graham,

Good to hear my baby's in working order again! My mechanics screwed me around hardcore and I pretty much just gave up when she started blowing smoke on me.

How is she coming along? Got any pics of her? Started the new paintjob on her yet? What did you end up doing with the bonnet?

Don't quote me on this, but I have a slight feeling that the problem with the box could be the solenoids. I know for a fact that those things stuff up big time in the auto's. Maybe if you got them replaced (maybe you could do it yourself if you have the knowhow, and I doubt they're expensive) and had the bands tightened again she could be in good working order. I had the guys down here in Dandy do the box. They said that she has a shift kit, 7 clutch packs and kevlar bands, but who knows, they could've just been pulling my leg to get my money, but I dunno bro, I've seen a lot of mx6's in there recently getting their boxes rebuilt, so it must be something that's drawing the crowd to em.

You could also have a chance to investigate whether that diff is LSD or not. Something nobody till this day could figure out.

That reminds me, I've got some stuff I gotta send you! hehe.

I'll try and get some pics of my 808 up on my website soon. Been sick the past few days so couldn't do jack all.

Good to hear she's coming along good man. Hey does my homemade boost controller still work? hehe.

I miss my baby, but I know she's in good hands now. I'm focusing on my old skooler! hehe.

Bloody Mazda's. Once in the blood, you can never get enough. Gotta love em!

Regards

Zako

1 - 2 of 2 Posts