Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friend were driving back from a concert in Long Branch. He was in his TL, and me and another friend were in my 626. Well we got next to each other at a light on Rt. 36 and it was perfect. Big road, 55mph speed limit, and nobody around. Sweet. So I gave him the "lets get it on" look and revved. He smiled, and nodded.

The light turned green, and I launched nicely, couldve done without a bit of the wheelspin, but not too bad. I managed to stay with him through his long ass first gear, by executing the fastest and most PERFECT 1-2 shift I've ever done. It was truly beautiful. End of 2nd gear and his nose is at my rear door. Snick in to 3rd, and I had him by a good half carlength before I let off due to a car in my lane. He does the "ricer" fly by. Anyway, I was very happy. We used the G-tech on his car a month ago and it reported a 0-60 time of 6.6 seconds. Repeatedly (when he got a good launch). My best time was 6.75 seconds, and that was with a crappy 1-2 shift. So that's pretty damn sweeet if you ask me. ANyway, later on he said, "you know, it's funny how our cars are basically the same speed". I was like "yeah but I started walking you towards the end", and he got all stupid like "oh, I had to slow down. My lane was ending..." Yeah, yeah.. whateva :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've gotta say, your car is one of the sweetest looking I've EVER seen. I love the 626 GT's, and I'd give a lot to be able to find one in good shape to buy. Never seen one though.
Oh yeah, great kill, too.
:D

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the props, Tex..

Nah it wasnt a type-s. Trust me though, the "base" model isnt slow. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts