Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned from a 3 week NZ trip. Here is my impression of NZ cars:
1. lots of skylines, especially four door models; lots of Toyota Levins and Mitsu 3000GT.
2. cars are very cheap - R34 Skyline can be had for $17k NZD!!

Does anyone know how much compliancing is needed for cars brought over from NZ?

Also here is a 626 with a custom I saw while there.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Yea, I was back in NZ a few months ago. There are alot of Skylines there, and every 2nd car seems to be turbo charged.

You are sitting on the side of the road, and you hear BOV's everywhere... some from vans... wierd.

Tripharn

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
that bodykit looks like the one that goes over the top of the original bar, jsut by looking at the number plate part

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Importing from new zealand is just the same as importing from japan. You still pay all the duties and compliance.

In most cases it works out more expensive as well, what you save in shipping from new zealand to australia you will pay for in the cost of the car.

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
I assume if its over 15 yrs old then you could import it under the 15 yr rule, otherwise you'd need to own and use the car for 12 months in NZ before you brought it here.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
You could import something that wasnt sold here and is eligble like a skyline in the normal methods. But for ineligble cars you have to bring it in by living there for 12months if not its not 15 years old.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
that 626 looks a little dodgy :( i think its just the bodykit does no justice for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts