Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know mx6s could take 5x7s up front in the doors but i had the normal 6 inch ones anyway my 6inch tweeters keep blowing it was as clear as i wanted it to be so i fiddled with some 6x9s i had in my room. i managed to get them in and they fit BUT the spacers i used stops my door trim from sitting 100% flush .its not super bad but its enough to annoy me. if i take the spacer out the magnet bit wil run into the window. pretty annoying anyone have any ideas? im sure theres probably nothing i can do but i thought i shouldnt give up yet =]

ps. no i dont wanna cut or remove the stock door pods i like the factory trim look

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
could run 6inch speakers in the front, door skin fits on, sounds better, problems solved...

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
6x9's are not really made for doors anyway. Simply because they are too big and generally too powerful for a small area. That is why you generally only see them in parcel shelves or the in the tailgate of wagons - large speaker, large area - they are used to their full potential there.

Although most people would not know/care, 6x9's would probably produce very sub-standard sound quality up the front anyway.

Just get some decent 6" splits, You mentioned your tweeters are blowing? Could be an issue with your amp? Putting out too much power?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i already got 6 inch speakers up front but they sound almost mute compared to my 5x7s in the rear and when i hooked my 6x9s in it sounded a lot better imo. oh and by the way the front speakers arent connected to my amp yet they just run off the headunit only my subs and rear speakers r on the amps. so back to my question anyone know if i can even get a special spacer for 5x7s anything but 6 inches

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey those look pretty decent yeah i was gonan say i gave up on the 6x9 the magnets and baskets r just to deep. can 5x7s give i dont know the exact word but im gonna say Range of sound? because when i had the 6x9s in i noticed a big difference. my 6 inch speakers dont really do much at all.so i guess i wanna know what you guys think sounds better? 6 inches or 5x7s?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
you have a sub right???

in which case you dont need low frequencies coming from the front speakers. Let the sub do it.

6" splits are the best idea. I've got some nice Pioneer splits I picked up at 50% off a year or so ago. Sounds absolutly awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts