Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm rollin one night and this guy in gold 86-87 corvette with a huge ass wing and an over loud exhaust slows in front of me,so i put her in second and pull beside him.As i get beside him he smashes the throttle and were off.Believe it or not i pulled the vette in 2nd and had a car on him by 3rd,up comes this sharp turn ,i make it around in my lane squeeling a little and the vette uses both lanes coming over behind me,I pulled the vette going down a straightaway to a set of lights in 4th at about 170kmh(in a 50kmh zone)with just enough room to stop!!!At no time did the vette get by or next to me - i was really surprised.We went our separate ways at the light with him doing a big i'm pissed off burnout.Before you guys shit all over this story,where i live we have to be the capitol of overpriced, neglected and junk sports cars they can't sell anywhere else.Buddy looked really shocked that i beat him,they were one of the slower years of production,i think they only had 230hp.Score another one up for the 6.

G

·
well.........

I am not saying that I do not believe your story, but come on. That had to be one raged out Vette. I drive a 1994 LS V6 that is stock as far as I know. My best friend has an '86 Vette with the 4+3 tranny (it came out of his 84). I can not hang with him in any gear! Not from a start, not on the highway, and not even from light to light! His Vette has no mods except cosmetic body work. I is in great shape mechanically. So let's just face it. It had to be a ragged Vette. But lets not forget the point, though. He knew how his car ran and still negotiated a run. We all know there are no excuses for loosing. Ragged out or not, I give you mad props.

:cool:

Rob

·
Registered
306 Posts
A corvette of that year should beat an mx6, but you also have to count that that car is old, and even that the car has 230+ hp it is probably bagged and only running about 70% of the power it used to have! So in the long run your power to weight ratio is most likely better than his right now.

94 LS, 5spd, B+G sport springs, Tokico struts, Platinum +4 plugs, NGK wires, Vibrant FSTB, Ractive RSTB, K&N Filter, 17'' Falken's w/215/45/17 Yokohama Avid H4's

·
Registered
195 Posts
Congrats on kill but like they said it prolly is not runnin on all of its power, cause i raced a Rx-7 2nd gen manual to my auto 4 abnger 2nd gen and i pulled on him and beat him. It turned out the guy had overheated his car alot.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The older Corvettes aren't all that... I've taken two older ones... but there is NO WAY I can touch a newer one...

G

·
Too bad there's no :BS: smiley here or my reply would go like this:
:BS:BS:BS:BS:BS:BS:BS:BS:BS:....Like my Probes and Mx6's ......but there's no way...either the dude is a total smurf .......or it's straight :BS::rolleyes:

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
with a cai and wires??? not calling bs yet but an explanation on how would be nice... older Vettes are high 13 second cars.. even the slow ones are low 14's....

·
Registered
416 Posts
hey man, sorry to disagree, but those vettes from the mid 80's were mid 25 second cars, def not high 13's.......unless it was the zr1, in which case, they were fast.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ztriumph... what happened to you? Where have you been? Last time I saw your name there were pics of a little yellow racer attached to it. That was months ago! Am I blind or did you take a mx6.com break?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey slink your right about the car capitol thing....Sacktown for life:D I got dusted by a black convertible vette in front of King of Donair . My only los and I've raced...enuff...

·
Registered
416 Posts
aggied, for some reason i couldnt get onto this website, it said i was restricted or something to that effect. but now its working....did i miss anything?

·
Registered
734 Posts
ztriumph said:
hey man, sorry to disagree, but those vettes from the mid 80's were mid 25 second cars, def not high 13's.......unless it was the zr1, in which case, they were fast.
Mid 25 second cars... for God's sake it's a Vette not a Honda!!!!! I think you meant 15... but anyway mid 15's... w/ a CAI and wires as the only mods is still amazing.. BTW... Nice to see you back!!! where you been hiding?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
the usual... some kid saying he had a dc sport header and bozz turbo... ummm...... sure! Next we had the I ekpt up with a Porsche. That's about it. Same old same old just with different screen names for the most part.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
believe what you want- i beat a damn vette.maybe the guy couldn't drive worth a shit.i think it was a automatic because i didn't hear any shifts.i'm not some stupid kid,i'm 29 going on 30 and have been hanging around race tracks and dragstrips since i was a kid-i can drive.not all mods to my car are listed or will be.i have kept up with a porsche 928-not fast at all depending on what year they are-first yeras of production were no faster than our cars stock.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts