Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the specs for the 87 turbo? I tried a search but didn't find anything. Its a 8v 2.0 right? What kind of turbo does it have? Hp? Will it work in an 89? probably not a good idea compared to the 2.2, just curious though:)
Thanks!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah the 87 turbo was a 2.0L 8-valver (FE engine, EFI), hmm let's see the power of the car is...120HP @ 5000 and 115 torque @ 3000. These are net figures, proximately 140Hp gross. That engine has good HP, but whoa torque sucks!! can't beat the stock 190 torque from a 2.2L turbo. The 86-87 cars didn't have a intercooler and the i think the turbo wasn't water cooled. Probably why the torque sucked. I don't know if the parts would work.

Hey dude, I have a few questions for you. Uhmm, what year Supra did you get your fuel pump? Where'd you get that j-spec turbo?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the J-spec from Raw Power (on probetalk.com). Actually it should be here this week since it had a new bearing and compressor wheel installed recently. The fuel pump is from any of the latest generation with the twin turbo (94 +, I think).

·
Registered
449 Posts
thanks for the info, I figured that's the generation of Supra that had that fuel pump. Ouch its expensive, $250. How much was the turbo??

I have to say you're car sounds awesome!! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The J-spec as he calls it is not the WRX super turbo...I wish! The J-spec has the stock exhaust housing, and the compressor housing is from the T-bird, but it has the VJ23 wheel - the same one used in the Ferrari F-40. Its a pretty exotic wheel, and therefore sort of pricey, but I got it used for 600 bucks. But, it has a new compressor wheel and bearings. If you are interested in upgrading your car you should E-mail Chris (Raw Power) and he is very helpful and knowledgeable, and can get some parts at very good prices!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts