Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i have a 88 626 turbo 5spd manual blah blah

my flywheel has a few hair line crack in it is it as simply as getting it machined or do i need to replace it

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
depends if they are surface cracks or not, ask the machinist what they think.

If its no good, I have a few of these, I'll trade you one for some AX parts.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chief i got someone intrested in the ax but if he says no then sure enough i will sell u some ax parts

what parts where you intrested in

just rember the front shocks and cv arent for sale yet if they will fit my 88 mazda 626 turbo

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
just the front hubs.....I have an idea for big brakes, which I dont know whether it'll work...so I was looking for some 2g hubs to experiment with, as the have a centre hole thats more compatible with later mazda brake rotors.

Dont worry if you sell the car, I can just buy them at P&P, when I get the time to play around with cars again.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just the front hubs.....I have an idea for big brakes, which I dont know whether it'll work...so I was looking for some 2g hubs to experiment with, as the have a centre hole thats more compatible with later mazda brake rotors.

Dont worry if you sell the car, I can just buy them at P&P, when I get the time to play around with cars again.

maybe you might know but will the front cv shafts from a 2nd gen fit on the 1st gen turbo they are both manual

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
I dont know for sure.....

I know the 1G turbo uses 28 spline axles, as does the V6 2G......I dont know if the FS powered 2G has 28 spline Axles too or whether they are 26......most G series gearboxes are 26 spline.

Thats the first decider.....maybe count the splines on your 2G axles.

If they are 28 spline there is good chance they will fit, it just comes down to whether the shape of the outer joint has the right dimensions to fit the seal lip.

I have measurements for GC and GD turbo axles, but not 2G ones, if you could measure them it might be possible to determine whether they will fit.

When I converted my GC to 5 stud hubs I found out what the differences were.

Why do you want to use 2G CVs anyway ? 1G ones arent that hard to get.
I have a pair of GD turbo axles, that I bought S/H for the hub conversion on the GC but ended up getting some hybrid ones made up.....So I could even trade you some GD turbo axles for some 2G hubs, or something like that.

I need to have a massive garage cleanout....I was in there this morning and I cant move in there.....but I just havent had time to sort it out and ebay it.

All those bits I got and didnt need, various left overs and unfinished projects....

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok then well i havent heard back from the guy yet but if u wanna do trades for 1st gen stuff my way and 2nd gen stuff your way we can work out something when i allso ave some time whats the cv boots like because i have the abs shafts from the 89 mx6 and i think thats what is causing the shuddering when taking of in first and going over 80km but i could be wrong

1 - 7 of 7 Posts