Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car out to a local autocross test and tune and it ran perfectly in a straight line and turning left but during the two hard right turns on the course it would simply die like spark was cut until I straightened out when it would fire up once again. Everyone there was stumped by my situation and comical laps where I was dead in the water for 1-3 seconds at each right. Im assuming its electrical because fuel would be a more sputtering rather than what its doing. Imagine you turn the key off while at 5k revs and restart it once it reaches idle again. Any ideas are appreciated, I don't even know where to start, just getting the car to do it requires a large parking lot and turning as hard as possible in second so diagnosing it will be hard. Im going to eliminate the obvious issues by filling up the tank, checking all connections on the engine harness and making sure grounds are tight.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Check the throttle body boot! Piece of rubber/plastic between airbox and engine. Leaks/cracks underneath will cause bucking, cutting out when the engine shifts.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Fuel pump is starving. Happens a lot with 90s Mazda cars. Especially with an aftermarket tank (baffling issue). Keep it above 1/2 tank and it should go away. You'll probably see your fuel gauge bouncing all over the place too lol.

If there's an aftermarket fuel pump, you can lower the pump on the sending unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts