Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mayun my gt is my heart but shes sittingin the garage withe all kinds of issues first mistake my engine ran hot so i sold the turbo no i have a supra intercooler with the stock turbo but i will be switching to a killer 18 mitsu turbo soon im putting her back togethor but she wont start i need any help and advice

·
Registered
737 Posts
Research, the search button at the top of this screen is a start. With these mods you should be able to figure out some of the problems that are going on.

·
Registered
392 Posts
is the 88 engine in a 92 gt or n/a?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
realruffryder said:
is the 88 engine in a 92 gt or n/a?
dude, the title says, an 88 GT with a 92 engine. and he's talking about turbos and intercoolers, so its a GT motor.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Whenever a car won't start, there are two things I always check first: fuel and ignition. Make double sure those two systems are in working order, then go from there.

Check fuel pump power and voltage; fuel delivery to the rail; injector operation; filter flow; ignition coil input power (both from the ECM and the distributor); coil output power; distributor output; plug wires for conductivity; spark at all four plugs; and vacuum lines.

Also, did you change the ECMs as well? 88-90 and 90-92 have two completely different ignition maps and ignition systems.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had no idea there was a ecm difference i had a shop swap motors i dont think the changed my ecm which one reason i might have had so many problems this car is becoming a headache but i love it to death i refuse to get rid of it

·
Registered
345 Posts
I second the idea of u needing the newer ECU 90-92 should work. There was a couple of sensor changes, dunno as far as starting the thing up though. Try the newer ecu first and see what happens

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Mayja-One said:
i had no idea there was a ecm difference i had a shop swap motors i dont think the changed my ecm which one reason i might have had so many problems this car is becoming a headache but i love it to death i refuse to get rid of it

you dont need to change the ecu if you using your 88 wiring.but 1st i will check the vaf meter to see of its connected,then check the fuel delivery and ignition.just make sure the coil/wires are hook up right,this is the most common mistake with inexperience shop.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Man if you need help you need to be a little more clear.
"my engine ran hot so i sold the turbo no i have a supra intercooler with the stock turbo"
To be clear you overheated your (88)GT motor and sold it right?
A shop installed a 92 (2.2?) that now does not run/start?
If you just changed the long block (oil pan to valve cover)but kept intake-exhaust- distributer and all other 88 parts you should not have to swap ECUs.
Is the 92 a gt motor (7.8 compression)? and have YOU seen it run before the swap? Do a compression chk and then check for spark and fuel........................good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts