Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting. Looks like a great board for MX owners!
I just purchased a 88 MX-6 turbo 5 sp. with 218000 miles on it from the original owner. Í'm very pleased with the looks and performance of this car. The car has an emblem in the corner of the grill that reads Ninja instead of the Mazda emblem I see on others. It does not have the GT emblems on the fenders but does have the intercooled turbo. I'm interested in what is different about this model car.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Someone just had a bit of fun customizing their car. The GT emblems are really easy to pull off, and the ninja thing would be a fun little inside joke.

Welcome to the board and to the community.

BTW, what color is the car?

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
It just means you're stealthy :tup:
You can attack people from behind, and they don't know what hits them until it's already over.8D

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Mavric03 said:
You can attack people from behind, and they don't know what hits them until it's already over.8D
Good point.....never bend over to pick up the soap.......ever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MX-6 Ninja

The car is black with grey interior. The original owner is a good friend of mine & he claims the Ninja emblem was on the car when he purchased it new. I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures of it as of yet but will post them when I do. The car has some cool features like the ride stiffness control panel that allows you to make a selection of soft ride, normal ride & firm ride. I suppose this is as standard in the GT as the spoiler, sunroof, intercooled turbo 2.2L, & 5 speed. I was enjoying a 92 Merc. Capri conv. 16 valve, DOHC 1.6L, 5 speed with body kit but my youngest daughter has convinced me to sell it to her now that I have the MX. I'm looking forward to reading about what everyone else has been doing to these cars. Great board!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ninja MX-6

Well it turns out you guys were right. I finally got out of the original owner that he had the Ninja emblem custom made and installed on the car. It sure fooled me as it looks factory. He gave me alittle history about the car that is interesting. His claim is this particular car was used to film the many TV comercials that Mazda made with James Garner. Some showed him driving on a test track in southern Calif............................ Believe it or not.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Re: Ninja MX-6

Toyman57 said:
Well it turns out you guys were right............................
Believe it or not.
Hey Toyman;
Most of the times we are usually right !
Beware of falling for undocumented tall tales....................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts