Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to the site and every1 sounds like they know there stuff. I have jus bought a mx6 turbo and want to do a little bit of work to it give it just that little bit more go but don't want to go to far. I have a 2.5in full turbo exhaust on the way and custom intercooler pipes but not to sure what to do next any suggestions will be very handy.. Also the tacho does not work.. I have bought another dash cluster but still does not work is this common?? also is there cruises that you mx6 owners go on because I would really like to go along.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Howdy Jcymx6, welcome to the site!

Don't be put off by the grumpy old 1g community- We know our stuff.. and we often expect people to search, as virtually all questions have already been answered. It is a somewhat frustrating car as there is no aftermarket support, and

The Mazda GD platform is nice in that we know most everything about.. especially what it's limits are. However, the frustrations are mostly outweighed by the joys of the car.. the 1G Turbo is quite a sleeper, and minimal (<$100) mods (ecu chip+boost controller) turns a quick (mid 15 sec quarter mile) car into a fairly fast car(low 13 second quarter mile) for next to no investment.

As for your questions, the first thing to consider is fixing the tachometer - it's no good to mod the car unless everything else is working first.

The next thing - get a chipped ECU, a boost gauge, and a boost controller.
Then a T-bird hybrid turbo, and get a custom exhaust while you are at it.
Then stick with the stock intercooler, but do some customer hard pipes - e.g. buy aluminum bends your self, and connect with silicone tubes...

then.... turn up the boost a little bit..

Then... get a better fuel pump.. you should be good for roughly 15 psi on the Tbird Hybird.. with all of those mods.. and from the stock 145 whp/190 ft/lbs you'll have spent less than $1000... and have safely/reliably gone up to 220 whp/270 ft/lbs... aka.. a whole new car..

Something like that.. Don't replace what isn't broken.. and don't "fix' what doesn't need to be fixed..

And read this; http://www.mx6.com/forums/1g-mx6-forced-induction/122830-1g-gt-budget-mod-guide-po-folk.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts