Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, my brother went into the military and I'll be able to have his car. I was wondering what kind of mods are available for an 88 LX and where I could find such things. This way I can decide whether its worth it to put money into this car or just sell it and get a new car because its not in the best shape right now.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hey mandark,
check out the search feature on the top of the page. You can find lots of information that way...
Enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
mandrake,
i'm sure you could do a few things to your car, not sure if they would do much for ya, but a new air filter, small things like that...

mx-6's arent all that common in my town, i would fix it up and just keep it myself, unless you can find a turbo for sale...

-meaty

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
antiSUV said:
Hey mandark,
check out the search feature on the top of the page. You can find lots of information that way...
Enjoy your new car.
dude you spent WAY to much time on PT.....be nice :)

and mandark.....get her dyno tuned, and do the search there is alot of stuff avalible

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Freddie,
I fail to see how telling someone to use the search feature is not being nice.
That's what the search feature is for. It's not difficult to use, and it works well.
I think people who are brand new to the board should try the search feature before they ask questions. The board is not only a real-time source of info. It is also an archive.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Mandark,
having someone tell you to use the search feature probably wasn't the first reply you would have lliked to see to your first post.
That WAS kinda rude of me.

Welcome to the board man. It's a great place with lots of good info. Before I found it I was always sad because I didn't know where to find people who appreciate our cars the way I do...

I used to have an LX before I got my turbo. Both the turbo and non-turbo cars are really great vehicles. Even if you can't get all the speed out of a non-turbo, you can still invest in plenty of handling modifications which will make the car great fun to drive. (plus you'll be able to out corner faster accelerating "muscle cars" on windy back roads, which frustrates them immensly.

Check out Corksport.com for some good bits, as a start. Also JCWhitney is starting to carry Eibach and Intrax items so you might try that.

Again, congrats on getting an MX6 and sorry for my curtness.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
thats more like it(the second post ;))....but i do agree with you, i was kiddin in the first place anyway :).......
Do a Search - now if only we could put that somewhere in large-bold letters on the registration form :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts