Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do ya think? He has a 200$ AEM intake
I have a Ractive cone with adapter
We are both experianced drivers - grew up racing go karts and rally beaters together... in other words
car vs car, not driver vs driver

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What Makes you say that - he has more hp and a lighter car

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Torque is what it will boil down to in this race?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the GS-R beat me - I think it's because I running on huge 17 x 7 PCW rims. I know these slow my car down - but they look SOOOOO GOOOOOD. And the Handling is mint - especially combined with my 4ws. But, then again - he did beat me - I didn't like that to much.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took him in first and second but he pulled along side me when I shifted into third and pulled by me by the time I hit 4th. It was a close race but he did take me. I think the advantage of driving a GSR is that they redline at 8000. Around 5000 the Vtech kicks in and the power band peaks high. I have to give it up to honda for their gear ratios. If only our 6's could bring it up like that. Oh, I also found out that he has his timing advanced. He said he would advance mine as well - anybody ever done this?
When I race I usually take it to the red - is this the best way to go or should I be shifting earlier.

G

·
Yes, definately shift earlier. Our power band is like 3200-4600rpm. Our peak tourque is 3500rpm and peak hp is 4300rpm. Shifting much past 5000rpm just brings the next gear at the end of the power band. Ya know what I'm saying? The longer in the power band, the better. So race him again and shift 800-1000rpm's earlier. I almost bet you put more distance on him through 1st and 2nd and probably even 3rd. Well I hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts