Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1989 Mx-6 Gt with several engine mods. its pretty quick. of course a 5 spd monster. i was sitting at a red light and some guy in a 97 mustang gt pulls up next to me. he was acting like a hard ass reving his engine and trying to intimidate me. so the light finally turns red and i throw it in first and take off like a bat out of hell. this guy in the mustang if everyone could see the face i saw they would laugh at the embarrasment this guy was in. so look out mustangs mx-6's are one of the faster import inline 4 cyl.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
nice kill....

good job. watch out though...i smell something..

SolarSlash

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've raced a few GTs of about the same era, I only barely beat one, hung with the others.

I also had the pleasure of racing a 1999 or 2000 GT, he put me front pumper at about his rear tire, where I held on up to around 70mph, then I let off.

The last 2 races With GTs were in my 1989 MX6 GT, which seems slower than my 1990. It is funny to see the shock, or just feel the shock emunating from their car. I would be SOOO P!ssed if some 4banger beat my Mustang "GT", even if it was a turbo 4 banger!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hells yeah, I love surprising those 5.0 boys. Watch out for Z-28's though, they're nasty.

·
Registered
416 Posts
watch out for 1999-2001 gts....260 horses and a 14 1/4 mile time= mx-6 slayer

·
Registered
416 Posts
uhhh, thats a 14 seconds flat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm really itching to race any fairly stock Stang GT pre-99. I want to see how I will fair in my stock form!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
MattDog, you'll be laughing. Hopefully someone will be in the car with you to witness the carnage!!!

Unless it is one of the SVT or souped up!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts