Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting a 89 mx6 im going to do the turbo swap ,i would like to know ,would the stock 2.2 tranny fit the turbo motor ,how much would the harness cost and ecu. and motor mounts what do i do for those,one more thing how much hp can the turbo motor hold thanck you for any help . oyeah i dont have any exprance with mazdas so i do not know any thing about them

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
No offense but please search first. You can find multiple threads about doing the LX-GT swap, and everything else you just asked.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Stock trannys can't even handle stock power, so turbo power will have ya slipping third, then second and fourth in no time. Take it from someone who got sick of changing transmissions every four months and finally got a turbo. It will fit though. Same engine block, of course it'll fit. If you do plan to swap the turbo tranny, you'll need the turbo driveshafts and the axle hubs as well. The stocks are smaller and won't fit. As for the harness and ecu cost: I don't know. We have this great junk yard here in Columbus caled U-Wrench-It that has standardized prices for everything. Cheap here. Motor mounts are the same. I'd recommend getting Urethane replacements, though. "one more thing how much hp can the turbo motor hold"...: I dunno how much it can "hold". I'm sure it can "hold" anything you throw at it if properly installed. But like the other guy said..... Do a search.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for your help but i havent been able to find any tec help on the swap ,so i tryed to find some one that has done it , but that answer all of my qestions, thanks for your help:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts