Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

'89 wastegate control

977 views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Wayman 
I just put in a new turbo, and I believe the hose you are talking about goes to the intake pipe. The one that runs from the MAF to the turbo inlet. There is a long nipple on the bottom of the intake pipe right up close to the turbo, see if there is anything attached there and let us know. Hope that was the line you were describing:)

I was running 15psi on my stock turbo and it dynoed 170 hp and 275 ft lbs to the wheels. Now, I have what is called the J-spec turbo (don't know why) it is basically the stock exhaust side, clipped 30 degrees, a compressor housing from the T-bird turbo coupe, and a VJ-23 compressor wheel. The stock one is the VJ-11. Stock pushed 190CFM, while the J-spec is around 320CFM. I have it at 12psi and it feels as strong as the stock one, but without fuel upgrades I don't want to turn it up and risk running lean. I have a fuel pressure regulator on order, then I'm going back to the dyno tp tune it and have some results for everybody. This turbo is strongest at around 4600RPMs without the usual dropoff we get before that with the stock turbo.
Oh yeah, my mods: K&N drop in filter w/ CAI, MSD ignition w/blaster 2 coil, Superchip, HKS cat-back exhaust, 167k on the odo, ann the J-spec turbo.

[Edited by Wayman on 01-08-2001 at 03:46 AM]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.