Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I was on Highway 75, going North when I saw an RX-7 cruisin about 70, a kindof a "young punk" looking driver. The car looked to be in good shape, it was not a turbo. I don't know that much about RX-7's but I'm guessing it was about a 1989 to 1992 or so. He looked like the type to race, so I pulled beside him. I look over, he looked over, then he nailed it. I grabbed 3rd and nailed it also, then grabbed forth, while we were side by side. I started pulling from him at around 90 mph, and I hit about 110 before letting off. My exit (George Bush Freeway) was coming up. I gave a peace sign, and he returned it. I left that car pretty good.

Well, then I was approaching a wide open, not very busy 4 lane highway, and I was pumped from my win, and was going to try to open her up. How fast will she go??!! I hit about 100 mph, and I notice what appeared to be an unmarked police car, so I slowed down. He was rolling the same direction I was, except he was in front of me. Damn, did I get lucky or what?

Yeah, here in Dallas, they've been patrolling a lot. Look out for solid color dark tinted window Crown Victoria (this is a Ford car) type cars. I've seen them solid black, solid white, and a greenish blue. You cannot see that they are a cop until you pull right beside them, or behind them. Man, they are sneaky. They are probably going to be patrolling everywhere soon (other big cities).

I thought of yall yesterday. I almost had the opportunity to race a 2nd Gen Eclipse Turbo. I only got to follow him for a minute, we were going through traffic, he was driving kind of crazy. I was behind him, drouling for a race, and he took off to pass another car. I nailed it and stayed behind him. But I will say, that car is not going to be a push-over.

I think most people don't know about the 1st gen MX-6s, cause most people want even look at me and my car. But I do need a paint job as well.

·
Registered
371 Posts
im with ya!

you got the right look going i say. the most unassuming cars are often the ones that wake people up. although u may be attracting the wrong kind of attention with the faded paint work. although if u r sum 5.0 geek and pull up and look across to a faded gt then u are not gonna guess he has the potential to put u to rest.i like my car cos it has an unassuming stance and doesnt jump out at u as a hi-po racer.the back is a lil high and for good reason, the same reason as my fronts are running 25psi inflation. when i put the power down i get max traction instead of this lane to lane swaying and frying of front tyres.i got dark tint and a low burbling 2.5inch exhaust system and no thumping system just my motor to keep me in rythm. i have put many 5.0 , rotary and hondas to rest with my daily ride. one remark i remember from a honda driver as we took off for a race, he had a full worx mugen crx/del sol, we started along the coastal 3 laned road his vtech was screaming and for power to weight he should have killed me. we were reaching 160kph and i started distancing him, by 200kph he was 4 cars behind me. as we slowed down 100metres from the lights he suddenly became eager to chat thru his window about my car, it was like,"man i have raced sum cars and 5.0s but your car is definately not stock", but he was dead wrong. the only mod i have is the exhaust.we must have attracted sum attention cos after we drove off at the lights we had 2 5.0s tailing us.i drove ahead of the honda dude and we stayed in the same left lane. then these 2 v8 dicks pulled up beside me.we were both in 3rd and he was blipping his throttle to get me to race, as soon as we rounded the bend the guy behind me flashed his lights and i nailed it...they are all noise those 5.0 cars. i saw in the rear vision the honda was being taunted by the other 5.0 dude. in a roar of his vtec he over took the 2nd 5.0 and pulled up on the 3rd lane. so there i am 5.0 next 2 me and a mugen crx beside him, the last dash to make the green light saw me leave my contenders in my jet wash!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts