Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm that the headlights on a 2nd gen. MX6 take 9004 bulbs and the foglights take H3's?
I want to replace them both to ultrawhites, and does anyone know which company makes the brightest and the longest lasting ones???

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I can kinda help

Well, I have hyperwhites in my car (bright white with a small blue tint) and as far as the longest lasting...Piaa is the way to go! At least I think that is how you spell it. They are like $80 a pair for the headlights and the fog lights run like $20 or $40...don't exactly remember. It's been a while since I got them. As far as what type of bulb, I think you are right but go to any parts store like Pep Boys and look it up. They should have a book. Or just ask a dealership.

·
Registered
47 Posts
9004 are the headlights that I just bought recently, PIAA's for $54, hyperwhites. They are working like a dream. I am not sure if it says, but if you need more info. go to the forum Appearance Mods 2 and then click the thread Headlights, there are some pictures posted there if that could help. As far as the fog lights, I'm really not sure, but I have heard people talk about it on here, and I believe that is what they said. E-mail JPMX6GT, he was a lot of help to me. :idea:

·
Registered
475 Posts
You do ahve the correct bulb sizes. I know the PIAA's are probably the longest lasting and best quality but in my opinion they are a little on the white side.
I got some cheap chineese bulbs for my headlights and they look much more blue than my friend's PIAA's.
Anyway I know they wont last that long but for $20 bucks they were worth it. Check out EBAY!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts