Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was a short battle, but I won :shrug: - poor sap really couldn't drive... or wasn't trying. This was about a week ago. We were sitting at a redlight and he revs as I do too. I launched at about ~3K rpm, a little hop but mostly traction, it was a ok launch. He did not launch or rev, he rolled then floored. I took it up to mid way to third before the next light which he turned off at. I was ahead by roughly half a car link. It felt good to take one down, but I know they should be faster, got to be! I really don't know how I won that..

My mods list needs to be updated. (Early X-mas gift) I have 2.5" Cat-back (No Muffler), and now at 12 PSI steady with ~13psi spikes. HD CAI with K&N Cone, NGK Iridium (SP?), VC breather, New TB Boot.

and 137psi across all 4 cyls as of 2 nights ago + now a leaky exhaust manufold!

·
Registered
763 Posts
ya, s0unds like that guy couldnt drive his car...but either way good race....

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
he probably wasnt even trying...he probably went home and laughed about it with his buddies...ive done it many times when i know someone who is trying to mess with me is just not gonna cut it...i just go on about my business and it really amuses me

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SKarpenz said:
he probably wasnt even trying...he probably went home and laughed about it with his buddies...ive done it many times when i know someone who is trying to mess with me is just not gonna cut it...i just go on about my business and it really amuses me
Probably, like I said- he should have pwn3d me...

However, I KNOW what a G35 and 350Z sound like Floored, he did roll and floor in first. I believe he just wasn't trying or just said to hell with burning that much gas.

·
Registered
172 Posts
91MazdaMx6GT said:
Probably, like I said- he should have pwn3d me...

However, I KNOW what a G35 and 350Z sound like Floored, he did roll and floor in first. I believe he just wasn't trying or just said to hell with burning that much gas.
lol yeah, but at least you're realistic about it, and you don't cut people off and flash your hazards, signifying the traditional "ricer flyby". G35's can be a bit hard to launch for a novice driver. Good job for edging out the competition.

Now go to the track and face a 350z. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
a friend of mine has an 04 G35, he dynoed at only 215whp...he was REALLY disappointed.
I would be too if I wasted 30K+ on a car and it put down 215 to the wheels. if i spent that much, it better be making 3x the power.

he couldve also been dyno'ing in the wrong gear. Food for thought.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I would think he wouldnt know how to drive. If he was half a car behind you, I dont think thats his normal driving condition. I'm sure he said "Wow that cars nice" and mom and dad promtly went out to buy it for him.

tavarish- You're bound to get a warning with your signature that long. Five lines maximum in normal size font.

-Tyler

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also the G35 has worse weigh distribution than a 350Z. He was at my door the whole time. But I am probably making... what... maybe 160whp at the most?

Once my T-bird is ready (and when I am not lazy) I gotta take it to the track and dyno. Right now, I just need to purchase a chip.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
it's a bone stock 6 speed G35. he dynoed on a mustang...not sure what gear, but don't most dyno operators run in 4th? mine was done in 3rd for some reason :shrug:

who knows...maybe the weight was entered incorrectly on the dyno???

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everytime I have been to a dyno shop, 3rd gear is what they dyno on. I dunno, wasn't 260hp Nissians numbers for the G35 and 350Z??

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
280+ for the Z and 260's for the G35.....i believe those numbers are at the flywheel, not the wheels...don't know for sure. but the Z has the higher tuned engine for sure.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It's possible

I don't think my mods are as good, and my engine is definitely tired at 306,000km., but I've knocked off a G35 sedan with an automatic. It's definitely possible if he hesitated even for a second or so to go all out. The numbers for a 12psi 1st gen. "6", and the G35 are not that far apart. My little challenge was from about 30-70mph, after a duel left turn, and I put a convincing 1 1/2 cl's in that time. Now how about a big heavy G35X, with an atx.?!

·
Registered
639 Posts
well the G35 only runs about 14.6 in the qauter the 350z runs around a 14.1 so if he knew how to drive and went all out he would win but ud keep up,if u had a chip and 15psi ud prolly be neck and neck and a t-bird u should kill him and a 350z as long as your runnin good and can drive, i ran 14.5 with a little spin/hop with 2.5 catback w/no cat, zombie ss,14-15psi,conefilter. with my bigger intercooler piping i think i woulda got a 14.1-14.2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts